[WANTED] 426 wedge pistons

-
Status
Not open for further replies.
I have a set of 1965 426 streetwedge pistons on stock rebuilt rods with arp rod bolts, but they are 426 std bore (4.25). also have a block (casting number 1852029) that was used both as a 413 and a 426, this block was a factory 413 that I had bored to 4.25, and a factory steel crank, all balanced but needs assembled. It has been stored for about ten years, and I have not looked at in a while, but would take $800 for it all.

Back in the 80's, I worked the parts counter at a Machine Shop in Cupertino. Machinist checked the block and said there's a lot of meat on it, could bore .070" over and put 440 slugs in it. We did, never had a problem with it overheating despite other people telling me "it's gonna run hot!"

Back in the 80's, I worked the parts counter at a Machine Shop in Cupertino. Machinist checked the block and said there's a lot of meat on it, could bore .070" over and put 440 slugs in it. We did, never had a problem with it overheating despite other people telling me "it's gonna run hot!"
I did the same thing. Never a problem. Kim

Back then we just bored them out and never even bothered to measure the wall thickness as we never knew of that even being done. I’ve had 338s bored from 3.91 to 4.04 so I could use a 340 piston. Then I had a 340. Kim

I found some old school brand new rare mickey thompson pistons they are a 426 wedge they take a .984 wirst pin. It's small block size,how kind of bushing would use to make them work with a stock rod big block rod?

Could they machined to a .990 pin size? You can find reducer bushing pins or get .990 rods

Back then we just bored them out and never even bothered to measure the wall thickness as we never knew of that even being done. I’ve had 338s bored from 3.91 to 4.04 so I could use a 340 piston. Then I had a 340. Kim
Bet your compression wasn't that good the piston was down in the hole to far?

They don't make them anymore the cast ones by egge have to get custom.l talked to egge

Ross makes the closest thing to off the shelf in some of their 383 stroker pistons. Call them and tell them you need one with the 426 compression height. Over and done.

Status
Not open for further replies.
-
Back