429 smallblock Dyno warmup

-
I hate having to use a big offset rocker and try not to use any when possible. Compound pushrod angles and more angles from the pushrod cup to valve stem cause all kinds of valve spring control problems. J.Rob

I agree. But there isn't much option. From building this stuff for years and looking at every other dyno sheet I can find that isn't mine, it looks to me like even with a W-2 a 408 inch engine is grossly underheaded. W-5's needed too much work but it was a better platform than the W-2 for big inch builds. Not near enough area on the intake, and probably too much area on the exhaust port. I just looked at a head (damn, I can't remember if it's an LS head or what it's for) and it used a 1.580 exhaust valve and a 2.300 intake for essentially small block architecture.

They are just out of air.

That's why killing PS truck was actually the final choke out of Modified Eliminator. That's what a good small block head should look like.

The W5 was a better bet (except for the casting issues) with a higher cfm flow ceiling. If you could get the car light enough and the engine was serious enough, flying you could be!

YR, that head you speak of sounds familiar. 2.30/1.58. I read about that somewhere.

The W5 was a better bet (except for the casting issues) with a higher cfm flow ceiling. If you could get the car light enough and the engine was serious enough, flying you could be!

YR, that head you speak of sounds familiar. 2.30/1.58. I read about that somewhere.

Yeah, if I was all that on the interweb id find the link and post it by I have no idea where I saw it, and how to post a link.

It's a damn cool piece.

Last edited:
Would you guys like an Econo W2 head?
If they look like the pic below with the stands cast into them like that then not much I can do with them. I am keeping the cost the same as the Chivies and the only way to do that is to use what we have here. What we have are shaft mounted rockers that bolt to a stand. I was able to do that with the victors because they have lots of material above the intake ports to bolt this stand. If I did not do this then cost for R&D would go thru the roof, because Crower has been late to the market with all this Mopar mumbo jumbo, is what the boss calls it.
picture-010-jpg.81445.jpg

V1.jpg

V2.jpg

V3.jpg

Damn that's a frigging nice rocker.

The only question I have is what happens if you change the lift? Or the length of the valve? How do you correct the geometry since the stand is not flat and has the saddle in it?

Damn that's a frigging nice rocker.

The only question I have is what happens if you change the lift? Or the length of the valve? How do you correct the geometry since the stand is not flat and has the saddle in it?
Thats the beauty of this set up we sell shims that are FLAT and go under stand and since we have made this set up since the dawn of time we have hundreds of arm lengths and ratio rockers to choose from. This set up is used in spring car racing/drag and if they want a different power curve they just unbolt the shaft assembly and bolt on different ratios. The same cam can make more off the turn power, then change to to run out the back door. Drag racers change this for different track conditions. Chevy guys have been doing this for years now its our turn. We make these in ratios from 1.3 - 1.9

Good to hear Crower mentioned on here. They've powered every one of our circle track cars as far back as I can remember. Maybe not a big name in the Mopar world, but they probably have as many checkered flags as anybody.

Good to hear Crower mentioned on here. They've powered every one of our circle track cars as far back as I can remember. Maybe not a big name in the Mopar world, but they probably have as many checkered flags as anybody.
Thanks yes we are more circle track company than Drag racing but since I am the ONLY mopar guy here at this company I have to put out some of our products to the Mopar Family. I have set up ALL of the Street outlaw guys with custom cams, rockers, so on and so on. But like the next mopar guy I am tired of paying for over priced crap, Aluminum rockers suck, they just plain suck. They have a cycle life and thats it done time to replace. Stainless steel rocker will last a lifetime, we have people that have 25+ years on theirs and they are rebuild able. I made these rockers because my Indy 360-1 heads are out of date and I am going to try out those Victor heads, so naturally I made my own rockers and put a part number to it, with a part number from edelbrock so they are milled correctly. This is something only the Chevy guys have had.

Thanks yes we are more circle track company than Drag racing but since I am the ONLY mopar guy here at this company I have to put out some of our products to the Mopar Family. I have set up ALL of the Street outlaw guys with custom cams, rockers, so on and so on. But like the next mopar guy I am tired of paying for over priced crap, Aluminum rockers suck, they just plain suck. They have a cycle life and thats it done time to replace. Stainless steel rocker will last a lifetime, we have people that have 25+ years on theirs and they are rebuild able. I made these rockers because my Indy 360-1 heads are out of date and I am going to try out those Victor heads, so naturally I made my own rockers and put a part number to it, with a part number from edelbrock so they are milled correctly. This is something only the Chevy guys have had.
My family has been Crower long before we were a test bed for the imperial roller cams. You are absolutely correct on aluminum cycling. I don't understand why people run them in street/strip motors. I don't care what the spring pressures are. It's the cycling that matters. 500 laps at 8000rpm is the same as street miles. Garbage can.

Thats the beauty of this set up we sell shims that are FLAT and go under stand and since we have made this set up since the dawn of time we have hundreds of arm lengths and ratio rockers to choose from. This set up is used in spring car racing/drag and if they want a different power curve they just unbolt the shaft assembly and bolt on different ratios. The same cam can make more off the turn power, then change to to run out the back door. Drag racers change this for different track conditions. Chevy guys have been doing this for years now its our turn. We make these in ratios from 1.3 - 1.9
This leeds me to think I can use a 1.7/1.8 on my MoPar Victors?

I've been seeing the "Crower" name since I'm a kid. Just never noticed anything more than there cams though for use M guys.
You are absolutely correct on aluminum cycling. I don't understand why people run them in street/strip motors. I don't care what the spring pressures are. It's the cycling that matters. 500 laps at 8000rpm is the same as street miles. Garbage can.
The aftermarket only offers use aluminum. Who else makes stainless rockers for the Mopars? (Besides any possible recent China crap!)
Crower has been late to the market with all this Mopar mumbo jumbo, is what the boss calls it.
This is the misfourtune of MoPar guys. Most people snub us for what ever reason they have if there is even one to have. There parent curse the car that broke down on them and get a brand C or F and cheer it on. Kids pick up onit and the end is near.... LMAO! Should have had an extra ballast resistor.
Joe takes his newly hot rodded car out for a romp and gets killed by brand M in a big way. He now hates brand M. (True story, suck it up Joe, Buicks suck ***!)

Last edited:
Crower is most well known for their cranks and connecting rods actually. You wanna spin 10k all day...Call Crower. Their valve train stuff is legendary also, just not so much in the Mopar world. Although Mopar Sprint cars are usually loaded with Crower stuff.

Crower is most well known for their cranks and connecting rods actually. You wanna spin 10k all day...Call Crower. Their valve train stuff is legendary also, just not so much in the Mopar world. Although Mopar Sprint cars are usually loaded with Crower stuff.
Can i assume Canadensis means you live in Beaver Pa?

Can i assume Canadensis means you live in Beaver Pa?
Canadensis is a town in PA. The only thing that ever happened here was the Eric Frein manhunt. We do have beavers though, some better than others.

Yes, true, but not for us. 1 crank available at $3200+. Custom order. Con rods available for SB guys, starting at $2K area. Add forged slugs. Your in the 6K+ area on the rotating assembly alone when your ready for block work.
For surely sweet top grade, top end equipment. Just currently out of my league.
Big Block and HEMI guys have a lot more to look at.

(NOT COMPLAINING!)

Canadensis is a town in PA. The only thing that ever happened here was the Eric Frein manhunt. We do have beavers though, some better than others.
MY bad. genus and species of the beaver is castor canadensis. I just thought you were being sneaky.

LMAO @Dana
It is so true. There are good beaver and BAD beavers. (On both sides of the picturnary.)

This leeds me to think I can use a 1.7/1.8 on my MoPar Victors?

I've been seeing the "Crower" name since I'm a kid. Just never noticed anything more than there cams though for use M guys.

The aftermarket only offers use aluminum. Who else makes stainless rockers for the Mopars? (Besides any possible recent China crap!)

This is the misfourtune of MoPar guys. Most people snub us for what ever reason they have if there is even one to have. There parent curse the car that broke down on them and get a brand C or F and cheer it on. Kids pick up onit and the end is near.... LMAO! Should have had an extra ballast resistor.
Joe takes his newly hot rodded car out for a romp and gets killed by brand M in a big way. He now hates brand M. (True story, suck it up Joe, Buicks suck ***!)
Ok I will answer these question with a 1,2,3,and 4
1. Yes you can run 1.7/1.8 what ever you like and or have shafts ready to change out with different rockers.
2. We make cranks, rods, cams, rockers for 90% of all engines you see on tv, every one american steel and american made.
3. We do now for the Victor heads, no aluminum rock available for those.
4.Yes going to change that one part number at a time.

nothing wrong with a lil offset....
837063B1-E0E6-4934-A9C7-5C5410D7CDB1_zpszpokzdvy.jpg

deal with the BPE head..... you still have a slew of off the shelf headers, intakes, and valve train that will FIT that particular head. Start going up the "W" ladder and lessons become hard and often expensive, but how fa$t do you want to go right???

nothing wrong with a lil offset....
View attachment 1715018426

deal with the BPE head..... you still have a slew of off the shelf headers, intakes, and valve train that will FIT that particular head. Start going up the "W" ladder and lessons become hard and often expensive, but how fa$t do you want to go right???

Do you have an old W head?

-
Back