440/727 shifter?

-

MTmopars

Reaction score
I am curious as to what you guys used for shifter on you auto applications. I have the factory console shifter but I am missing the torque bracket and the lower shift linkage. I am having no luck finding the linkage anywhere. Can a guy use a BM shifter with the center console?

Had a 68 dart gts with b&m shifter in a factory console. You'll have to cut up the top plate and modify it. I don't the car anymore and I don't have any pics. Sorry.

I wish I could recall where I saw it in here--someone had the factory shifter modified to take a B&M cable directly to the trans instead of using the torque rod...pretty clever.

I've probably got the two parts you need, but it's gonna be a while before I go through all the parts to find them. They are pretty common, though.

I should probably make sure I have the correct arm for the trans. The guy I bought the car from says he has them but hasn't found them yet. I want to have the car road ready by the first week of june.

I've been wondering about using a Lokar shifter with a stock console. Might not have to cut up the top plate that way.

Success today. The original owner called today and I was invited over to look for the parts I needed. We found them and more. Got the kick down linkage and the shift and kick down arms as well.

-
Back