440 butcher job

-

oldkimmer

FABO Gold Member
FABO Gold Member
Reaction score
Saw this Friday night. Talked to the guy some. 74 dart sport L code. He used 66-72 B body mounts on the spool K. Dropped the tranny mount 3 inches. I bet it has 1 hell of a vibration. It’s for sale his wife says. I couldn’t bring myself to ask how much. I didn’t get any pics of the mounts. I should have. Kim

IMG_1211.jpeg

IMG_1210.jpeg

IMG_1209.jpeg

IMG_1208.jpeg

I've been told there's an *** for every seat, sometimes there's less asses for some seats.
lol.

Honestly - every one is at some level.
At one time what I did what others said was stupid. Now people ask me how to do it.
This may be the quickest way for the builder to get from point A to point B. Finish the car and try to move it along.
Average Chevy guy is like “wow!” Average Mopar guy is like “what a hack!” Perspective, ya know.

There’s some potential still yet there as far as being able to correct what’s there. Depending on the condition of the rest of the car, might even be worth the process of admission as a starting point for a project. Looks like it’s still a good home for a small block stroker!

If it is running and driving it is further ahead than some of the cars on here
Right there with you on that! Project creep can get to the best of us. It’s easy to find places and ways to make these cars our own. Sometimes, working on these cars is just a happy place to itself…

Saw this Friday night. Talked to the guy some. 74 dart sport L code. He used 66-72 B body mounts on the spool K. Dropped the tranny mount 3 inches. I bet it has 1 hell of a vibration. It’s for sale his wife says. I couldn’t bring myself to ask how much. I didn’t get any pics of the mounts. I should have. Kim

View attachment 1716103938

View attachment 1716103939

View attachment 1716103940

View attachment 1716103941
I like the fact that he is using OE style exhaust manifolds.

If it is running and driving it is further ahead than some of the cars on here
That’s why I keep at least 10 cars in my rotation…that way I have at least 2 running at any given time…although a few weeks ago I was down to 1 for a few days…but I got my OBS Chevy on the road so Im currently back at 3 running….

Since it looks totally low buck, the money spent on the distributor should have gone other places IMO. A stock or modified stock distributor would have been just as good here.

I have seen and driven worse. He was there and it worked. How many cars are just sitting because they need to be "perfect". Get it going, clean up the build a piece at a time. It is on the road, many here can't say that.

He managed to stuff a big block with OEM exhaust AND power steering into an A body without cutting it up. That is dang hard to do, especially on a budget. I see wires with sheathing and hoses effectively tied down, dual throttle return springs and at least one additional fuse inline with the wiring. An all iron engine and intake manifold tells me this is something probably built over 20 years ago, probably by a high school kid on an almost nothing budget. It probably still has an old style chrysler starter, which is darn near impossible to get bolted up and wired. Frankly, just getting the spark plug wires installed are also nearly impossible for this build. The chrome valve covers and master cylinder cover were a nice touch at the time and shows the owner was taking some pride in his project.

I think it is a real good effort and if this was a first time project for someone, they deserve respect and a pat on the back for the sheer determination it took to get this done.
This guy is about 65 and he just got it together 2 weeks ago.

-
Back