440 cam choice

-

03ramit1

Reaction score
Ok guys I need some help, my customer is having me build up a 1941 dodge for him, I don't dare call it a "rat rod" as that's not what it is more of a heavily modified custom with an unrestored cab. We are building a new custom chassis, air bag suspension, detailed motor ect running gear will be highly detailed, but the cab will remain unrestored.

Anyway for your help I'm not a big block guy I'm a modern Hemi guy, my customer has requested a 440 (have not purchased the motor as of yet getting it on Sunday) he wants a fairly stock build (power levels are not important) but wants loud (zoomie headers) and in your face I suggested a cam with racecar lope. He smiled and said "HELL YEAH!!!" my problem is finding the nastyist sounding cam possable, vacuum is no concern as it's running manual steering and brakes, it's just gotta have chest pounding in your face attitude. Can you guys reccomend a cam that will fit the bill? As I'm at a loss on the big block stuff. Looking at cam cards tells me nothing about sound. Any vids you guys may have also would be great. Thanks in advance for the help

What the heck good is it if your dog can bark like he weighs 100 lbs but he's 4 lbs and ain't got no teeth? Build an engine with some muscle or stay home, drink beer and watch Speed channel.

What the heck good is it if your dog can bark like he weighs 100 lbs but he's 4 lbs and ain't got no teeth? Build an engine with some muscle or stay home, drink beer and watch Speed channel.

lol

A stock 440 will have plenty of power, it's a 41 dodge cab going on a custom chassis. The thing will probably be close to 2000 pounds. It's not a racecar. The motor will be stock displacement, it might get a set of aluminum heads, and will have an eddy manifold and a six pack carb setup.

Here is a Comp Cams "Big Mutha Thumper" cam in a big block mopar. Just click the link. I know the guy that built the engine, so I know a little about it.

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2_ojYoJES44&feature=autoplay&list=ULaLoDOScsIls&playnext=4"]1969 Charger 1SRT 440 - YouTube[/ame]

sounds like what i started building,im doing body work now and hope to have paint on in in a week.mines a 39 dodge.i went with a little more engine,new motor and paint should be done next week:blob: i went back and forth on the cam and finally came to the conclusion IQ52 give and went with the bigger lunati voodoo mech.if i was just looking for thumpdy thump i think the old grind mopar perf .509 hydraulic cam would have worked
heres a link to my 39 http://www.forabodiesonly.com/mopar/forumdisplay.php?f=79&order=desc&page=2

That's it. Don't know how I ended up with that link. Guess I should have rechecked the info after I copied and pasted it.

-
Back