440 duel points to electronic conversion?

-
Just wondering, not arguing, what's wrong with the points?

Glad to see you upgrading.

Me personally, I like MSD, for many reasons. In particular I like the Digital 6 box. However a 6AL will give you the basic function and rev limiter.

You might want to look into an HEI style. That has some appeal too. but I've never run one, yet.

I haven't drivin it much..its a work in progress. The point dis, has new points and con.. And has been setup on a sun machine.. It seem everytime I go for a s test drive..at some point I need to file one set of points a little to keep it from popping at low rpm....

Last edited:
i'd go with an stock style electronic dist curved to your preference.. and the HEI module and proper coil.. gets rid of the ballast, cleans up the firewall and cheap and easy to get parts for if they need replacement away from home..

it seems that only one set of point needs dressed up a little when the engine starts popping.... new points, cond, and has been set up on a sun machine...still useing a new slant six ballast..that had eletronic ecu. not sure what going on...is there in the ballast from point and eletcronic

Last edited:
'75 up chebby 4 pin OE black HEI module from a JY. www.designedtodrive.com bracket (pricey, make your own). 70's OE electronic dist. Rockauto CFD 478 E coil, $9.xx no ballast. use heat sink paste inbetween module and bracket (alum is best & easiest to fab). dial in dist functions in order: initial/total/springs/vac can if used. check rotor phasing. Killer/cheap setup.

-
Back