440-eddy heads-pushrod length

-

rbdart

Reaction score
Okay So I Havent Done This In A While--question.....have A Standard440blk,84cc Stock Eddy Heads, Comp 1.6 Stainless Steel Roller Rockers, Comp Solid 555-306[ [email protected]] What Size Or Length Pushrod Do I Use ? No Milling Has Been Done, Pushrods Are Ball And Ball Design, I Got A Brand New Set Of Smith Bros. Ball And Ball Pushrods That Are 9 3/16'' In Length, But When I Went To Tighten Them Down So I Could Adjust Them They Seemed To Short, Had Like 5 Threads Showing Almost 5/16'' Under Rocker , Is The Ball And Ball Type Pushrod Have More Threads Showing Than The Cup Type Or Adjust Differently? Did Some Quick Measurements And Seems I Need A Pushrod Around 9 7/16'' Long,[ Or Longer??] That Just Doesnt Seem Right For A Non Milled Head And A Stock Unmolested Deck Height Blk, And Yes Rockers Were Tightened Down, I Think Crane Push Rods Standard For 440 Mech-solid Is 9.20 Which Is Basically What I Have And It Just Doesnt Seem Right ................what Am I Missing Or Overlooking Since I Dont Have Any Paperwork That I Can Find, And Motor Had Been On Engine Stand For 1.5 Yrs And Is Now In Car And I Am Trying To Get It Going This Weekend[running] Looked At Stock Hyd Pushrods And They Are Only 9 5/16 Long......i Know This Is Probably Stupid And Its The Obvious But 'wtf'??? ANY INPUT HERE?

THINK I GOT IT, LOOKS LIKE 9.440'' LENGTH, NEVER WOULDVE GUESSED IT WOULD BE THAT LONG, SO ITS FORD PUSHRODS FOR ME...LOL....ANYBODY NEED A SET OF NEW SMITHBROS BALL/BALL 9.200''...STAINLESS, THICK WALLED 5/16'' ?? TAKE $100 SHPD IN USA.....PAID MORE THAN THAT FOR THEM, CUSTOM MADE SUPER QUALITY........E-MAIL ME AT ; [email protected]

the combo of Edelrocks valve job, 1.6 rockers (you did enlarge the pushrod slot, right?), and cam, plus any deviation from blueprint deck height means a new pushrod. I always order them last thing, after checking geometry, and I use the Comp pushrod checking set... You just never know..lol

THINK I GOT IT, LOOKS LIKE 9.440'' LENGTH, NEVER WOULDVE GUESSED IT WOULD BE THAT LONG, SO ITS FORD PUSHRODS FOR ME...LOL....ANYBODY NEED A SET OF NEW SMITHBROS BALL/BALL 9.200''...STAINLESS, THICK WALLED 5/16'' ?? TAKE $100 SHPD IN USA.....PAID MORE THAN THAT FOR THEM, CUSTOM MADE SUPER QUALITY........E-MAIL ME AT ; [email protected]

Tet me check a couple of things I'm doing , those might work for me . though I need to get new adjusters for my rockers .

Ebrocks have raised ports and I'm pretty sure longer valve lengths which means the rocker shafts are higher so it's same to assume stock length rods will not work .

-
Back