440 for my RamCharger

-
I could never get over 11MPG with my 91 RC. it had the LA 318 with throttle body. It was aneemic. It also had 727 OD, and part time 4WD.
Like I mentioned it will soon be a cummins diesel RC. More power, better milage.
Never could figure out why Chrysler didn't put a Cummins into them, they did in the pickups.

Dave

I could never get over 11MPG with my 91 RC. it had the LA 318 with throttle body. It was aneemic. It also had 727 OD, and part time 4WD.
Like I mentioned it will soon be a cummins diesel RC. More power, better milage.
Never could figure out why Chrysler didn't put a Cummins into them, they did in the pickups.

Dave

I eventually want to swap my truck to a Cummins as well, possibly by dropping the cab and bed on a 2nd-gen Ram (1994-01) frame, apparently it's been done. Main reason being I want 4x4 but not the terrible ride and steering that comes with leaf-sprung front axle (D200 is 2WD). I'd imagine if the Ramchargers were based on 1/2-ton trucks that's why the Cummins wasn't available, Dodge even had to beef a few suspension components on the 3/4 and 1-ton frames to handle the weight.

The current 360 actually runs pretty great and has some spare power but put 6000 lbs behind it and suddenly it's not nearly as eager to move lmao. Figured that was a good excuse to build a 440, not sure when a good use for a BBM outside of a novelty (B-body muscle car etc) for me will come around again.

Almost ready to fire up for the first time. Just need to hook up some gauges, make some brackets for my radiator, set the base timing, and prime the oil system. Too bad it’s raining...
What do y’all think of my exhaust system? Headman full length headers with 1.75 primaries, 2.5” tubing going into a couple of Borla Pro XS mufflers, exiting both sides in front of the rear tires.
Don’t pay too much attention to my power steering set up, I’m just making it work until I can find the proper pulley and bracket combination haha
AAE19C58-FBC7-4F51-967A-86FFB1A08150.jpeg
2F7F342A-8A10-4ADA-BD07-02DDBC3AF4C3.jpeg
CA686BEF-C318-4CA8-AAF2-4390E8A0FA21.jpeg

631BB8FD-F5FC-48FF-A80C-713A08333A7C.jpeg

Dave

Too much weight over the front end .
You would need to upgrade the entire drivetrain. Frame might suffer as well.
Better off with a stroked 440 or maybe a Cummins 4 cyl.

I finally got everything together and working. Went for the first drive and found out that the NP445 I bought off of the failbook market place is a total lemon. It’s so bad I don’t even want to drive it. Super hard to shift, even when double clutching. Sounds like a can full of gravel and bolts in 1st and reverse, falls out of third at random.
I should’ve just ordered a Tremec TR4050 from the beginning. Maybe one day I’ll learn to “buy once cry once”. Oh well.
At least the engine runs great

Last edited:
This is why I wont pay much for used mechanical parts unless I know and trust the seller.
I just bought 2 833s and a blowproof bellhousing for $300. Cant get hurt at that price .....

-
Back