440 in my 66 cuda

-
Do you remember what size tires you ran on the front of that beast?

i run 22.5" tall x 4.5" wide M/T et front runners and they clear lock to lock, These tires will also clear my headers but i dont have a set of rims yet http://store.summitracing.com/partd...905042+4294793325+4294742463+115&autoview=sku

f07435ab.jpg

all you need is a ton of cash & magnum force will be more than happy to put a bigblock in your early A body without cutting the inner fenders
Maybe we should run a poll and see if i should sell my house and have them build my Valiant.I'll run it by my wife.

Sorry can't remember exactly the size of tire. They were 14 x 3.5 centerlines wheels and I'd like to say the were about 26 inches tall...

It wasn't too hard to change them because there were no inner fenders in the way. Don't know if the Schumaker headers would work...I guess you could try.

all you need is a ton of cash & magnum force will be more than happy to put a bigblock in your early A body without cutting the inner fenders

wouldn't let those clown touch my car.

wouldn't let those clown touch my car.

Yeah, My brother bought a set of tubular control arms from Magnum Farce, I mean force, and they wouldn't fit. They were about 1/2 inch too wide.

So, he called them up and they said that he would have to break out his grinder and make them fit!

There reasoning was that the cars built back in the 60's and 70's have a wide range of specs and that some modification would be required.

WOW! And they would even give him his money back...

Yeah, My brother bought a set of tubular control arms from Magnum Farce, I mean force, and they wouldn't fit. They were about 1/2 inch too wide.

So, he called them up and they said that he would have to break out his grinder and make them fit!

There reasoning was that the cars built back in the 60's and 70's have a wide range of specs and that some modification would be required.

lol.. holy cow.. what a mess. i know a guy that went through 3 of their k-frames before one fit. they blamed it on the same crap. funny though my alter-k pretty much fell into the car on the first try.. and everyone i talked to had the install of the alter-k go just as smooth...

I meant tubular A arms...dooh!

a guy in the chicago are claims to have the orignal petty barrracuda in a garage,,

I doubt it! The original Petty Cuda was wrecked in a crash that killed a little boy. Richard Petty was so disgusted by this he dug a hole with his bulldozer, drove over the car intill it was destroyed, then pushed it in the hole and buried it. Someone did dig up the rusty hulk a few years ago, and that is somewhere but it is a rusty hunk of metal with a little bit of Petty blue paint on it, you can't even tell what it is.

I doubt it! The original Petty Cuda was wrecked in a crash that killed a little boy. Richard Petty was so disgusted by this he dug a hole with his bulldozer, drove over the car intill it was destroyed, then pushed it in the hole and buried it. Someone did dig up the rusty hulk a few years ago, and that is somewhere but it is a rusty hunk of metal with a little bit of Petty blue paint on it, you can't even tell what it is.

i saw that in a magazine a while back.

It still here in nc for the moment,i seen it about 8 years ago,right after it was dug up.It had more redclay than rust then,but it is mangled badly,because Richard drove over it a few times with the dozer before he buried it

-
Back