440 intake choice

-

3rdcurve

Reaction score
I am getting ready to do a 440 swap into my 72 swinger. It is a stock 74 engine from a C body, and I am going to do a couple mild upgrades. Schumaker Tri-Y Headers, upgraded ingnition, Hughes Whiplash Cam, and a Eldelbrock intake.

I would like to know if it would be worth it to go with the RPM over the standard performer with such a mild build. I found a used Performer for $100, would the upgrade to an RPM be worth the extra 2 bills?

holley street dominator single plain. I am not a performer or rpm fan. The street dominator will do everything in a mild combo that you will ever want. That said for 100.00 you are not going to lose money on it.

I'm not fond of the recent price spikes in the aluminum goods for cars. A used Holley Strip Dominator would be my first choice followed by a RPM for a performance edge over the Performer.

Just found an RPM for $208 Shipped. That's close enough in price to go for the upgrade.

Im goin with the RPM, its operating range is more suited for streetability....for my style of driving at least. Will be selling my Team G when I get around to it.

Until ,you know air cleaner to hood , clearance,(and you ask enough questions....)....

Im goin with the RPM, its operating range is more suited for streetability....for my style of driving at least. Will be selling my Team G when I get around to it.

It's a goodun fo sho.

Just found an RPM for $208 Shipped. That's close enough in price to go for the upgrade.

Nice! And a excellent all around intake to boot. That should help keep good torque as well.

-
Back