440 makeover

-

cudaboy 67

Reaction score
want to freshen up my 440,rather than buy another block and build up/swap im going to use my early one,<66 i think> its a good runner just rebuilt 20 odd years ago and i want to change pistons/heads and cam.its a street car, occasional strip, worth the extra on a steel crank? so many different types of pistons out ther, going with a named brand, keith black probobally but so many types!

want to freshen up my 440,rather than buy another block and build up/swap im going to use my early one,<66 i think> its a good runner just rebuilt 20 odd years ago and i want to change pistons/heads and cam.its a street car, occasional strip, worth the extra on a steel crank? so many different types of pistons out ther, going with a named brand, keith black probobally but so many types!

If your going to replace the crank you might look into more stroke. More bang for the buck when spending money.
You can have your crank magged and if it's not cracked you can use it. KB, Diamond, Ross are great brands as Wiseco is too.
Brian

cheers for info guys! im only just getting to sort the engine side of things! had 6 yrs, been on/off road all that time,318/440,now everyyhing else coming together looking to gain some hp, car never run strip,knackered 4 speed stopped that<goin auto> turns out my motor probobally from a fairground ride or kids paddle boat........me at time no knoowing any better :read2: figured hey, its a 440......course its gunna be better than my 318! so thers 440s and theres 440s, its bog standard purple cam,holley 750,ally inlet ins shumacker headers.want to do this once and get right know possibly limited slightly by the headers but im not going to change them.seen the heads i want on ebay in states, surprised no one commented on them,ebay 150507037608 its just the piston type choice then. pocketed etc

-
Back