440 Sixpack in 67 barracuda

-

D-man313

Reaction score
Will a six pack manifold,carbs,and air cleaner all fit under the stock hood?

Also does the six pack manifold require the valley pan?

Don't know about a Barracuda but it don't on a Duster and yes you need the valley pan.

You've got roughly the same hood clearance on all 67-76 A-bodies... I think it's not gonna fit well...

Not unless you put a Six Pac Hood on it then it will! Not much room under an a body hood do a simple big block swap and put an aluminum intake on it and you have to run a recessed aircleaner just to get it to clear. The six pac manifold is real tall.

Stock 6-pack manifold with the proper carbs and air filter assembly fit under the hood of my 71 Demon with no scoop or other modifications. You need the valley pan with the edelbrock/chrysler intake. There is another intake that dosn't require one. It's just new.

My '68 440 with six pack fits under the stock hood. Not much clearance, but enough. The manifold I have uses the valley pan.

When I first put the car together, I borrowed some Play-Doh from my neice to check the clearance :)

My '68 440 with six pack fits under the stock hood. Not much clearance, but enough. The manifold I have uses the valley pan.

When I first put the car together, I borrowed some Play-Doh from my neice to check the clearance :)

You used Play-Doh.....I used a grape.

If you spend that kind of coin on huge cfm,it needs cold air to rock.That was how it was originally designed.

-
Back