440 Source rods

-

440 Mike

Reaction score
Has anyone used the 5140 steel "factory replacement" connecting rods from 440 Source? I like the I beam and press fit, just wondering if anyone is using them. Price looks good.

Has anyone used the 5140 steel "factory replacement" connecting rods from 440 Source? I like the I beam and press fit, just wondering if anyone is using them. Price looks good.

Might try rpm international, hotrod seems to like them

I used them. Haven't started the motor yet though....hopefully in the next week. I'll let ya know if one lets go. LOL. They fit perfect though...no issues with assembly.

I used them. Haven't started the motor yet though....hopefully in the next week. I'll let ya know if one lets go. LOL. They fit perfect though...no issues with assembly.

Do you know of any HP or RPM rating on them?

I've used them on one build, a mild 440. 551 lb-ft @ 3,800 rpm and 514 hp @ 5,100 rpm. I had a lot of clean up on the threads of the bolts and in the rods. I intend to use different rods next time.

I've used them on one build, a mild 440. 551 lb-ft @ 3,800 rpm and 514 hp @ 5,100 rpm. I had a lot of clean up on the threads of the bolts and in the rods. I intend to use different rods next time.

That doesn't sound good.

I'll keep looking for an I-beam that uses a press fit stock sized pin.

Yeah and I feel bad about it too. I get excellent customer service from 440 Source and I've not heard anyone else complain about those rods.

-
Back