440 Source Stroker Kits

-
Not in out of the box form. Well, not for long. Should they handle it? yes. But with the taper they machine into them I wouldnt trust the bearings to hold up for long at that load. Lower performance, certainly. But not that high.

I would not think so.....so many other products claim higher than normal results....I would say they are a good price for what you get...take all of the pieces and have it balanced again....many people have had to do that....not out of the box....I know they work with 600 hp because my friend has one of their 440-520 stroker kits and he hasn't busted anything except his hime joint on his torque strap...

If you want 1000 hp go with a k1 crank.It will hold up far better.

I certainly plan on bringing the kit to my machinist for balancing regardless of their claims for balancing out of the box.

Moper, you say that the journals have a taper? Rod, mains or both?

K1, I'll check into K1 and see if they have what I need. 4.250 stroke and 2.200 rod journals. I know Callies doesn't make one.

BTW, HP should be in the 650 range (corrected for altitude).

Could be any of them. Pastigage won't show it. With a mic you have to measure each journal in both axis in two spots each. (4 measurements in total per journal) Factory spec for taper is under .0005 is fine. For a high horsepower engine that will only just do it. There should be no taper. Zero. The issue is there because the polishing step is done to bring them into final spec, rather than being in spec and then smoothing the surface. Have a crank grinder put an Arnold gage on it. That will really tell all.

Thanks moper and yes, I use mics only. When I have DC Engines send it out, I'll have it polished to spec as well.

Call me paranoid or whatever you want, but I like piecin my own kit together. there are just some things in these kits I don't like. Before I shell out big bucks like that, it needs to be EXACTLY what "I" want, not what some company wants me to have. Most of the time, you can pick better parts and come out cheaper as well. Another advantage is you don't have to get everything at once if your budget doesn't allow.

-
Back