440 Source

-

JeffisOld

Old, Ugly and generally Disagreeable!
Reaction score
I am in the process of becoming extremely intimate with a portion of my checking account seldom touched. I am planning to put together the heart and soul of Dottie Rae. Since I am not a regular competitor any longer I plan to do it in a manner where roller bearings exist in all the right places to make my last "expensive" motor build.

Is the reputation of 440 Source solid enough to trust for a higher end components. I plan to use their Super Stealth heads in 74 RB block to 512 cid. TTI tubes and a FITECH 850 efi system also planned.

My brother is very Mopar knowledgeable fof info and other component selection.

Thoughts Please!

Many many years ago this question entered my head too. Limited money but wanting to upgrade my racing program I bought an assembly from 440source to but a 440-1 headed 500 stroker. With a rather small 690 lift roller cam I ended up going 860's@158 mph in my 2500 pound 91 Dodge daytona. Zero issues at all with there rotating assembly and while tearing down the short block after 275 passes I found my 440 block had a crack in it. I later sold the rotating assembly and it is still running strong in a street car. I have several cars but one of them will be getting a 512 assembly (440source). The only thing I don't like about your build is using the 440source heads. The Trick Flow heads are a GREAT head.
001.JPG
174.JPG
norwalk d.jpg
in a Mega Block I have sitting here. I have everything sitting here balanced ready for me to start building when I get a chance.

I appreciate the response sir!

If I might ask why you think so much more of the Trick Flow heads?

I have been told with the Super Stealth heads and an offset rocker system the airflow would be far better than otherwise achievable.

I appreciate the response sir!

If I might ask why you think so much more of the Trick Flow heads?

I have been told with the Super Stealth heads and an offset rocker system the airflow would be far better than otherwise achievable.

I have followed Trick Flow for around 7 years, way before they even made Mopar products. They go to the Halloween Classic race every year at Norwalk so I always wonder over to their tent. They laugh at me because being a head porter I walk around running my fingers through the heads they have on display. The quality of their stuff is top rate and if I didn't already have an overload of heads sitting here I would have a set on my porting table. The guys sit down and BS every-time I come around and customer service is top rate. They even have a FREE race for guys that run their products. The Super Stealth heads are used by very few guys and personally I have never even seen a set. Oh the Trick Flow heads are American made too unlike the stealth heads.

Stealth heads had a bad reputation for cracking in the past. I don't know if they have resolved that issue or not. I found a set of brand new Stealth heads with roller rockers for sale semi locally today for $1200. I passed. When I build the 451 for my 68 Road Runner, I will more than likely use Trick Flow 240's.

I will research it but do you know if they use offset geometry rockers?

-
Back