440source flywheel

-
440SOURCE has the best price i have found. a couple people here have had success with this flywheel. they claim made in usa

Looks like it will.you will need the balancer bolted on for a external balanced 360 and it says it only works with a 10.5" clutch.

I have a 10.5 clutch but what the bolt that I need
It comes with a bolt on balancer and the la 360 is an external balanced engine so you need to bolt the balancer on per the instructions.The 273 318 and 340's (with exceptions) are internally balanced so they dont require the balancer.

I have a 10.5 clutch but what the bolt that I need

It is in the description of the link you posted.

Detailed DescriptionOur brand new heavy-duty billet flywheels are fully CNC machined from high quality 1045 super hard billet steel. The ring gear is made from high manganese carbon steel for accuracy and superior wear resistance. Ring gear is 130 tooth, weight is 27 pounds, and the overall diameter is 13.19 inches. The diameter of the machined face (without the ring gear) is about 12.5 inches. These fit a standard six bolt crank flange. The larger of the two bolt patterns measures 11 5/8" across (bolt hole center to center) and has 6 bolts evenly spaced around the outside of the wheel. These can be used for either internal or external balance applications. They include a small weight which is bolted to the back of the flywheel. This weight can be left on for external balance applications, or simply unbolted for internal (neutral balance) applications. These are very similar to the Mopar Performance part# P4529142. Fits ALL Mopar V8 engines (even small blocks!) Works with 10.5 inch clutch only.

It is in the description of the link you posted.

Detailed DescriptionOur brand new heavy-duty billet flywheels are fully CNC machined from high quality 1045 super hard billet steel. The ring gear is made from high manganese carbon steel for accuracy and superior wear resistance. Ring gear is 130 tooth, weight is 27 pounds, and the overall diameter is 13.19 inches. The diameter of the machined face (without the ring gear) is about 12.5 inches. These fit a standard six bolt crank flange. The larger of the two bolt patterns measures 11 5/8" across (bolt hole center to center) and has 6 bolts evenly spaced around the outside of the wheel. These can be used for either internal or external balance applications. They include a small weight which is bolted to the back of the flywheel. This weight can be left on for external balance applications, or simply unbolted for internal (neutral balance) applications. These are very similar to the Mopar Performance part# P4529142. Fits ALL Mopar V8 engines (even small blocks!) Works with 10.5 inch clutch only.

So just leave the weight one and it will work

So just leave the weight one and it will work
Yes as long as you haven't had the engine internally balanced at a mechine shop.The weight stays ON.Sorry it may have been confussing by useing two different names,balancer=weight.

That one may work OK but I personally have reservations about a bolt on external balance weight and the quality indicated by the price. Brewers Performance has a new 360 specific flywheel for $229. Not cheap, but then neither are clutch explosions......

if you get the one with bolt on weight make sure you use locktight on the bolts.

Definitly call brewers. They know there stuff. I use them for all my 4 speed parts. I am also doing a conversion. If you order it early monday so they have time to get your parts ready to ship you should have it by wednesday. They shipped my orders quickly.

X2,on Brewers. Check it out,honest and knowledgeable. Man knows his stuff,bar none.

I used the Mopar Performance flywheel from Summit. Had it on my doorstep in 3 days.

The external balance for all the engines is different. It's not a one size fits all deal. BB have a different weight than a 340, LA360 or magnum engine.

360castbalance.jpg

440castbalance.jpg

340Castbalance.jpg

Ask 440 source which one of those balance profiles the weight they include matches. It can't match all of them!

Brewers Performance has a new 360 specific flywheel for $229. Not cheap, but then neither are clutch explosions......
Very true....was in a friends car that had a clutch let loose, came thru the floor and exited the windshield....

I've used 2 of the Source 440 flywheels,.. no probs..

I believe they're 3 lbs heavier than stock.. could be wrong.. researched 'em a few yrs ago..

-
Back