DA69RT GT

South Florida Member
FABO Gold Member
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
4   0   0
Contact seller
Somebody needs to check this one out: Ebay #140363124699
I was cruising thru Ebay when I spotted this car... and it looked awfully familiar. Actually saved some pics of it from this site quite a while back for reference:

http://www.autabuy.com/Vehicles/Details.cfm?VID=164989

Find it hard to believe that a "$44,000 car" would go on Ebay with no reserve?

This is the ad from Autabuy...
164989_211636221.jpg

Click on the image for a larger picture. Go to Photo Gallery 1969 DODGE DART GTS CONVERTIBLE - 340HP - CONSOLE FOUR SPEED - PS- PB- PTOP - RALLYE DASH - SHARP - QUICK SAVE $4,000 - $44,900

LOOKING FOR A DROP DEAD GORGEOUS AND EXTREMELY RARE MOPAR CONVERTIBLE?? - IMAGINE YOURSELF CRUISING IN THIS SPECTACULAR, HIGHLY OPTIONED, ONE OF A KIND DODGE DART GTS 340 FOUR SPEED DROP TOP - THIS IS A TRULY INCREDIBLE FIND - ONLY 58 WERE BUILT - JUST 10 ARE KNOWN TO EXIST (THAT'S AS RARE AS THE HEMI 'CUDA CONVERTIBLES)- BASED ON ITS MANY OPTIONS, THIS RARE MOPAR QUALIFIES AS A ONE OF ONE VEHICLE - THE LOOK IS SIMPLY STUNNING, IN BRIGHT BLUE METALLIC PAINT, WITH WHITE TOP AND INTERIOR - THE RESPONSIVE AND POWERFUL 350 HORSEPOWER 340 MOTOR WAS REBUILT BY A MOPAR MASTER TECH, AND RUNS VERY STRONG - THE CAR DRIVES TIGHT AND FRESH - IT IS LOADED WITH ALL THE RIGHT STUFF >> HIGH PERFORMANCE 340 MOTOR - FOUR SPEED TRANSMISSION WITH CENTER CONSOLE SHIFTER - BUCKET SEATS - RALLYE DASH - POWER STEERING - POWER BRAKES - POWER TOP - WOODGRAIN STEERING WHEEL - ORIGINAL DART AM RADIO - RALLYE WHEELS - GTS SUSPENSION PACKAGE (ADDS HEAVY DUTY TORSION BARS, SPRINGS AND SHOCKS PLUS SWAY BARS) - HEAVY DUTY BRAKES - PERFORMANCE 3:23 REAR AXEL WITH SURE GRIP - HIGH LEVEL GTS TRIM PACKAGE - HIGH LEVEL LIGHT PACKAGE, AND MORE - THE 12 YEAR OLD REPAINT STILL LOOKS EXCELLENT - A MAJOR REFURBISHING HAS JUST BEEN COMPLETED, INCLUDING NEW OE STYLE GRAINED CONVERTIBLE TOP WITH GLASS WINDOW, REDONE INTERIOR, NEW CHROME AND TRIM - IN ADDITION, FULL MECHANICAL SERVICING WAS RECENTLY COMPLETED, INCLUDING REBUILT MOTOR, CLUTCH, TRANSMISSION AND SHIFTER MECHANISM, BRAKES, STEERING, SUSPENSION AND MORE - - THIS RARE GTS CONVERTIBLE IS SHARP, QUICK AND TONS OF FUN - - AN EXCLUSIVE AND MOST DESIRABLE MOPAR DROP TOP, THAT WILL APPRECIATE IN VALUE

This should be interesting when bidding hits the ceiling of about $20k.

Why did he only post 1 picture of a car he's trying to get $44k out of??? Makes me think someone hijacked someone's eBay account. You know like those Hemi cars with a $6900 Buy it now price.

seems really suspicious, why only half the description on the ebay link and one photo, definately seems like a scam to me...

Followed up and called Mopars and Classics in WEXFORD, PA today where car was orig for sale... he said, "yes I still have that car for sale". I said- so does somebody else... lol
Obvious scam and the (242) 100% feedback makes it look legit.
Good guy and was grateful for heads up- calling Ebay asap. Whats up with these scammers??? Do they ever get caught and/or prosecuted?

Lots of retracted bids now. Price has dropped to $1500!! Ebay will shut it down soon enough.

This should be interesting when bidding hits the ceiling of about $20k.

Why did he only post 1 picture of a car he's trying to get $44k out of??? Makes me think someone hijacked someone's eBay account. You know like those Hemi cars with a $6900 Buy it now price.

I know i've been a victim of my eBay account getting hijacked. I wouldn't have known if it weren't for a freind calling me and asking about the items that were listed,that I didn't have for sale. It was a email spoof of eBay that got me asking for my info and I fell for it. Well,I learned from my mistake.

Another thing to keep in mind.....the person whom is listing and selling the car on Autabuy is a broker. The cars 95% of the time are not in his possession and the other listing could be another broker or even the owner of the car selling it also. I have seen this many times.

But if it was a broker or even the original owner trying to sell a $40k car with only one picture and NO RESERVE?!?! Something's stinks about the whole ad.

i noticed a nice project 69 gts ragtop on las vegas craigslist. 10g.

I checked out the "real" sellers cars @ his website http://autabuy.com/Dealers/Browse.cfm?ID=583 nice inventory but REAL pricey ($50-100K)!
Worth a few seconds to check out his Mopars.

Hard to believe that auction on Ebay hasnt been removed yet...? Bids went up to $16K then obviously had alot of bids retracted... went down to $1500 and now back up to $7500.

That 69 GTS in Vegas looks interesting... nice car.

Yeah I spotted this one right away and thought the same thing. NO Reserve and at that time a bid of $6900.00. Looked fishy to me right away!

What I find out of the ordinary ..... is that there is only 1 picture on the ebay site....NOT GOOD

Hit the "bids" and scroll down to see ALL of the retractions....there is a retraction there for $50,000.00. You can put your own bid in for $100,000.00 and the retract....no problem. But I really believe the scammer is setting everyone up from there listing name and then hacking their email....but I for one would not really know this first hand

As a member. I bitched to EBAY and gave them the legit stuff. They shut it down with 4 hours to go. Good work, gentlemen--prolly saved someone's *** out there....

Status
Not open for further replies.
-
Back