45 degree water neck

-

Texas Red

Old Flunky
FABO Gold Member
Reaction score
I am looking for a good 45 degree water neck for my after market Indy intake as the one I have will not stop leaking due to it being warped slightly ....... The sealing lip is also very thin and is being a pain in the boat..................I went to Mancini racing all they carry is straight ones....
....and yes I have a straight retro one which has a good wide sealing lip front & back but trying to get the blasted hose to not kink is not working (30 inch universal hose looks ugly plus kinks)... I know there has to be one out there that at least points towards the radiator so a shorter hose can be utilized. Please advise as always God Bless you. Gary

Place an ad for a '66 and earlier t-stat housing:
1707755264388.png

Or this may work for you:
PN 1616819 thermostat housing and 180-degree stat for 1955 Plymouth - Dodge with 241 - 260 - 270 CID engines

Thanks professor. I will check into that ..... Summit shows one that 'They claim" is for a SBC /SBD........ both engines.... 45 degreed towards the radiator ... Has anyone tired this ??????
Knowing Summit they just want to push parts out the door ........

Thanks professor. I will check into that ..... Summit shows one that 'They claim" is for a SBC /SBD........ both engines.... 45 degreed towards the radiator ... Has anyone tired this ??????
Knowing Summit they just want to push parts out the door ........
Be careful- the SBC t-stat is smaller (a hair over 2") than the early Mopar size (about 2 1/2"), although sometime in the late '70s Mopar did start using the smaller "Chevy" size on their smallblocks as well as later on the Magnum series engines; so there is some validity to Summit's claim that it will fit both. There is a difference in the bolt spacing as well as the opening for the t-stat. I'm assuming your Indy intake uses the larger Mopar style, since most (but not all) aftermarket intakes do.
Now that I look at it some more, that second T-stat housing I posted may not work- it's listed as 1 3/4" but I'm not sure if they're referring to the diameter, but it says it fits polys and my 318 poly uses the normal Mopar-sized housing..?

Last edited:
Thanks Professor as I always value everyone's imput........
Found a solution on my thermostat housing with CVF Racing in Minnesota. They carry a billet polished aluminum housing (1964-1978) plus 1978 to1993 year models in 0 degrees which is a 90 degrees outlet angle, 45 Degrees outlet angle, plus a 15 degrees outlet angle for the BB/SB Dodge engine plus other brands. They had BB serpentine belt systems for both engines as well just for reference.
The best and most important part although it may be more expensive is the parts are made in AMERICA. If this helps another fellow American keep his job I am all about it. AMEN and AMEN
Thanks everyone Texas Red

I have a nice cast iron non-A/C thermostat cover that was used in many early small block applications if you choose to go that route.

-
Back