$45000 Duster.

-
Hard to say on that one. Some thing tells me it is not as nice as the seller thinks though. You going to go and take a closer look at her Mike?

Hard to say on that one. Some thing tells me it is not as nice as the seller thinks though. You going to go and take a closer look at her Mike?

Ahhhhhhh yea no. Definatly going to have to pass on that one. The $60 ferry ride each way plus gas isn't worth my effort for something I can't even come close to affording. Plus I don't really like it.

Nice one Mr. Ed.

"Hmm...i spent all my money on "underneath" parts, but didnt manage to actually show you what it looks like in the posting. Oh, and the pictures are too small to really show how proud I am of this car.

I won't bore you with details of how much I have in this car, just trust me, ok?"

I came across that ad when I was in Vegas for the MATS back in March. He wanted $45,000 for it back then too. I got a good laugh out of it.

40K in parts? Gold plated alternator, diamond encrusted dashboard, ostrich skin interior, oh yeah!

I see a lot of cars on Craigslist and Ebay that are very poorly described and are WAY out of their price range. I often wonder what`s behind the listing of ads that border on the absurd, asking exorbitant prices for common cars and offering little pertinent information. I guess you can ask what ever you want for whatever you are selling, but if there`s practically no chance of selling the item then why waste the time? :scratch:

yeah, but he managed to do a "frame off" restoration on a unibody car. thats got to be worth something.

i was thinkin the same thing! yeah this guy is certainly on some sort of powerful drug if he thinks a 73+ duster is gonna pull that kind of cash. now if it was a hemi cuda or challenger an he wasnt think as a board, he would have a slight chance lol

Maybe his wife told him to sell it, so he's asking an outrageous amount, knowing it won't sell, so he
can say, "but, Honey, I've been trying for months to sell it. It's this terrible economy."

Even if it had all new parts and was as nice as he makes it out to be... 45 grand for that car is still insane!

-
Back