451/470 stroker in Dart

-

needsaresto

Reaction score
O.K Who has done it? A while ago I posted about I might get a 400/727. Looks like it might happen. In that case I'll be putting it in the Dart and strokin it! This is making a very long story extremely short. If it happens I'll post more details.

Everything I've read about this stroker says it's one of if the best mopar engine build ups.

If this happens there may very well be a whack of small block stuff for sale/trade. Dont worry,you guys will get first dibs.

sounds like you'll have a blast in that dart if you end up going the stroker route...I think there was a recent thread about this particular combination over on bigblockdart.com not too long...might wanna have a look over there about it

Found it!

Actually theres a few threads about 451's.

Quite a few ways to build em.

I really like the 470 idea.

The 470 is a great combo. There is a lot of low deck stroker information around if you search for it. The tech archives at moparts.com has a ton of stuff. Also take a look at the tech articles on the Comp Cam website and the Mopar Muscle magazine website. Or just buy my new book, "Max Performance Mopar Big Blocks" available from Amazon.com.

Thanks Andy. I took a look at the teck archives on Moparts.com. Also the bigblockdart sight. Printed a bunch of articles for bedtime reading,lol..

I take it your book has stuff on 451 builds. It must be farely new,as it's not yet available at Amazon.ca,the Canadian version of amazon.

It's too bad Manely discontinued those rods. How long has it been? Maybe it's time for another production run.

Otherwise I'll have to build the 451.

I will know for sure on Monday whether Im getting the 400. It's a friend of mine and we will be doing some horse trading. He has 3-4 400's complete in cars..the one I want runs very good.

I found this eagle rod that will do the job I think.

CRS6385 C3D

Has the 2.20 big end and .0990 pin.

I looked into this a couple of years ago. There was a site: http://www.disgruntledpunk.com/451.htm but I can't access it. As I recall if you go with aluminum heads, intake and a fiberglass hood you end up with a front end that is the same weight as a 340.

Ya,I could see that. 400 is only about 70lb's more than a 360. Shave off 50 with alum heads and easily make up the rest in glass.

-
Back