45s and/or 90s

-

RogerRamRod

The Older I Get, The Faster I Was
FABO Gold Member
Reaction score
Does anybody know a source and maybe even a part number for a 45° brake line fitting?
I mounted the axle distribution T then had stainless lines bent and flared to fit, of course while the axle was out of the car. Now come assembly time I find the flexible brake line points right at the exhaust pipe.
I think a M-F 45 and a longer flex line would fix my problem.

BEC28897-8AD1-41EA-8041-5FE6FEA907D9.jpeg

Thanks, I’ll look it up.
I just looked at that link, and it looks like a flare on the outside, is that correct? I have to go out and look, but I was thinking it was an inverted flare or something.
Any others?

Anybody have additional thought or ideas?
I purchased the 90° adapter recommended above, but besides being 90° when I really need 45, I think it’s got flares, when I think I need inverted flares? The 7/16 x 20 threads are correct, but I’ll end up with the wrong flares pointing at each other. Maybe the photos will help.
I can’t believe I’m the only one fighting this, it’s a very common 2.5 inch TTI exhaust system, and I would assume the brake block is in generally the same spot on the axle.

Axle Y block on left- 90 fitting on right
0EA6C63A-F794-4300-8D85-47168FDDB0CD.jpeg

90 fitting on left- brake hose on right
81B9127A-F900-4211-8B26-FF1458447731.jpeg

All 3 together
497D058A-4A6B-4284-85BB-9C1DB1B0821B.jpeg

The 90° fitting screws onto the hose OK, other than to opposite flares pointing away from each other. But the fitting can’t screw into the block because of the two flares pointing towards each other, I can only get about a quarter of a turn of thread engagement before the flare “cones” bump into each other.

Last edited:
Brake lines are inverted flare. I don't remember the angle. The 90 you have is a JIC hydraulic fitting that is 37 degree. Brass flare fittings are 45 degree.

The above is correct. He is talking about the angle of the flare itself, not the angle of the fitting. I've never seen such a fitting as the OP wants, but some of the aftermarket/ specialty tube/ fittings/ hose guys might have them.

Since I can’t seem to find such a beast, nor does anybody have an idea what I need, maybe I need to change something?
Car was originally single exhaust, converted to local muffler shop duals in the 80s ( with this same axle, though it is not original to this car). Now with TTI pipes,- interference. Maybe location of splitter block is wrong for A body?
I sure don’t want to remove the axle (yet again), and then need to drill and thread a new hole, and then have new brake lines bent since I bought the stainless steel ones.
I thought about trying to use a banjo, but the splitter block doesn’t have the concentric rings to seal a copper washer. Short of a swivel or angle fitting, I suppose my answer is in the paragraph above.

Other than maybe a longer hose, and "U bend" it over to the pass side and come up, "I ain't there" and can't see it all.

-
Back