46 year old parts still in stock.

-

72Dart6pack

Harder Better Faster Stronger.
Reaction score
Went to the Dodge dealer today to buy some valve cover grommets. Counter guy said Dude it's 46 years old we don't stock that. I said yes Mopar still use them. Run the part numbers. He came back a min later with my parts. With the 46 yr old part numbers still current on the bag. I hate when I'm right! Lol
:poke:

PCV & Crankcase grommets for the valve covers.

20180314_131450.jpg

Good news!

I have about as much chance of getting parts from any dealership up here as if I order them from Dominos.

The biggest problem that I'm seeing is, all the older dealerships were forced out in 2009. The newer dealerships don't have the catalogs for the old stuff and the ones that do, don't know how to use them.
These dealerships are letting the older, more experienced parts guys go for these younger guys. They're cheaper, and after all, "parts is parts". Happened to me. My replacement cost the dealer I was working for, nearly $50K, but "parts is parts".

Rumor had it that the dash vents in my 65 were used in the Viper. Anyone.....?
Well, Im calling BS on that...nothing like it. Someone here got some NOS Formula "S" badges from a dealership in the last 5 years IIRC.

I DID find an NOS cam bolt lockwasher for an 81 Mazda B2000 at the dealership, special order. 37 years as the last time they made that motor was 83.

Usually if you have a part number, just tell the parts guy. He keys it in and if it's still available it comes up. That's where the old repair manuals with part numbers come in handy. You would really be surprised what is still out there.

Jack

Went to the Dodge dealer today to buy some valve cover grommets. Counter guy said Dude it's 46 years old we don't stock that. I said yes Mopar still use them. Run the part numbers. He came back a min later with my parts. With the 46 yr old part numbers still current on the bag. I hate when I'm right! Lol
:poke:

Dave Radcliffe at Roseville Chrysler would never say that!

-
Back