489 price

-

Snake

Mopar Nut
Reaction score
HI guys,I could use some input, on a price .i found a 489 355 gear clutch shure grip rebuilt, in Canada for 1900 its been a few years since i bought a 489. i have 323 shure grip clutch 489 rebuilt now but want a 355,it was ship to my door for 1400 3 years ago.is the 355 a fair price. thanksssssssssssss.

Last year I bought a new unit from Dr Diff and his website was showing out of stock. If you email or call he may have something on the shelf , as he did when I bought mine. His new pigs are a good price if you add up all the parts and labor if you cant set one up yourself. I have done a few R&P's over the years but not experienced enough so found it better to have the expert do it.
Be wary of "rebuilt" used units unless you know and trust the buyer.

If that 1900 unit is coming from a commercial shop that is offering a warranty, I guess that is an OK price, but not a deal by any means. If its some guy on Facebook Marketplace or Kiji, and its an as-is kind of deal, I wouldn't go there.

thanks for the advice,but i think the exchange in dollars from US vs Canada.would put me in the 2 grand area i would think, also shipping.i plan on keeping my 489 just in case.

If that 1900 unit is coming from a commercial shop that is offering a warranty, I guess that is an OK price, but not a deal by any means. If its some guy on Facebook Marketplace or Kiji, and its an as-is kind of deal, I wouldn't go there.
ya its a guy off Kiji in ontario canada.

That's not a bad price. about $1450 shipped to me with standard sure-grip.

For the OP, rebuilding the current one with a new ring and pinion should be able to be done for a lot less than a new setup. Maybe $500 including parts and labor?
thats a nice unit.

Well I found the same guy who built my last 489 he is going to build me an 489 355 clutch shure grip for 1300 p.us shipping I can live with that.thanks boys Happy New Year.

-
Back