5/16-18 x 1" Header Bolts Do They Exist?

-

Kevindc

Reaction score
Been trying to find some 5/16-18 x 1" header bolts with no luck. TTI sent 3/8-16 X 1" and I've been trying to find 5/16-18 in stainless to match the headers. No problem in 3/4"but no 1". Thanks.

Thanks guys.

Was looking at the ARP bolts but the guy at the speed shop said I might have to grind the shoulder a bit to fit. Looked the same as the header bolts to me.

70aarcuda, just what I was looking for, thanks. Tried to get them at the local speed shop, no good and nothing in there catalogs. Same for NAPA and another place. Came home and checked Summit, did Google search, ebay, but one place I did not check was Jegs.

Mcmaster-carr had black oxide 12 point 5/16-18 1 inch long bolts. 25 of them for about $7

Got lots of spares for less $...

They have the bolts in stainless... $2.62 each
Part number
96242A632

Might consider stainless allen's in case you hadn't thought of that already.
You can get those at Ace Hardware.

12 point bolts are a must.. I will not run anything else. plus ARP bolts already have a reduced head and work great..

No way to use 12 point on four of the bolts, not enough room to get a wrench on them (TTI Headers). Found what I needed at Jegs but it was a direct ship from Hedmen and took 4 days. I should say they will work but I would like to have had stainless steel.

Looked up counterbore screws/bolts with no luck in 6 point zinc or stainless. I didn't spend much time searching as I already had the Hedman bolts.

I just went to autozone and bought a 6 point set. I had the same issue.

In 1", when the I went to auto zone and asked for 5/16"x1" header bolts they looked at me like I was crazy :). Not sure if it was the 5/16" or the 1".

No way to use 12 point on four of the bolts, not enough room to get a wrench on them (TTI Headers). Found what I needed at Jegs but it was a direct ship from Hedmen and took 4 days. I should say they will work but I would like to have had stainless steel.

12 points work fine on tti headers, that's all I run. You have to start the inside radius one first, run them in a bit, then start the bolts you have an open shot at.

If you snug up the end bolts, no way you get the inside radius bolts in. Example the second bolt from front on each side.

-
Back