5.2 power steering delete

-

amcervantes

Reaction score
Ok guys I've been searching and I cant find anything on deleting the power steering pump on my 94 5.2 . Can I just take it off and bypass it all together or is there a delete kit out there. I want to keep the manual steering and keep the A/C. Any suggestions or can anyone point me in the right direction I would appreciate it.
Thanks

You would need to change the steering box itself to get manual steering. Remove the box, pump etc and install a manual box and pitman arm.

Then you would need an adapter for your column to work, or a different column, at the very least swap the shaft.

On e you get passed the machanical part above, it is just a matter of measuring the belt size for your new belt length. Use a rope and run it in the same way minus of corse the P/S pump pulley and measure it with a tap measure. Just take into account the tensioner pulley.

If you measure it without tention, deduct approx. 1/2 inch
I just went through this with the A/C delete on my 5.9.

Yeah my duster is manual steering already I was just wondering if I could remove the power steering pump off the 5.2 and just get a different belt or if I had to get a delete pulley altogether.

Yeah my duster is manual steering already I was just wondering if I could remove the power steering pump off the 5.2 and just get a different belt or if I had to get a delete pulley altogether.

Certainly you can. Your first post was a bit misleading, I thought you were trying to change over to manual, lol.

I know you can get an a/c delete pulley bracket and belt. but I don't recall seeing one for a power steering delete. I don't know if they even made a truck or van without ps in the 90s. the dodges have a 7 rib belt, where most others have a 6 or 8. so I don't know if you could make one work or not. dave.

also, and I suppose your keeping the serpentine system, you could always leave the pump on it and just connect the hose back to itself. it's kind of a goofy way to do it, but it would work if no other way. dave.

I'm going to take it off and measure it today and see if I can find one. I would rather not go back to the power steering it takes up alot of room for the headers and when I had it on my 72 dart I didnt like the feel of it. Plus I dont want something thats doesnt operate and just sits their. I.E. powersteering pump just sitting there not hooked up.

Just take the P/S pump and bracket off, (and/or the A/C pump as well) and measure up the belt routing for a new belt. The auto parts store should have no problem getting you a shorter belt. Just tell them it is a 6 rip serpentine by in *** inches.

Oh! Is also like to add that since your deleteing these parts, a slight modification to the belt route will be in order. Since the P/S & A/C will be deleted, the belt as it comes off the Alt. should be routed above the idler gear instead of under it as to maintain the proper rotation of the water pump.

When you get the right belt, would you please post the part number? I'm doing the same thing myself and don't need to reinvent the wheel! Thanks

Your keeping the A/C but deleating the P/S?

In my case, my car has factory manual steering. I dropped in a 5.2 Magnum and want to add A/C to the car, but keep manual steering.

Sorry, I can not help with the belt length there.
I'm running the set up minus A/C for now.

Sorry, I can not help with the belt length there.
I'm running the set up minus A/C for now.

Are you running PS and AC delete? If so, which belt are you using for that? I might go that route until I'm ready to install AC, which may be never. LOL I'm installing 92 Dakota manifolds which pretty much rules out PS.

Re-read above. I'm running without the A/C

89.5 inch belt from Auto Zone, numbers on the belt7PK2275, 895K7 is the belt you need to run the serpentine set up minus the A/C.

I'm still running the P/S.

-
Back