5.2L Magnum Heads, Intake, and Injection on a 360 LA Block and Bottom End

-

nerd racing

Reaction score
I know it seems counter productive, but has anyone swapped the heads, intake, and injection system from a 5.2L Magnum engine onto a 360 LA engine? I know there would be a compression bump up. I can get a killer deal on a 5.2L magnum setup off of a jeep, with fairly high miles. I'd basically use the top end and injection from the jeep and then megasquirt to run the injection.

Is this something I could get by on pump gas with?

I'm going to check my block date right after work.

I may be wrong but aren't magnum 318 and 360 heads the same?

And either way magnum heads are prone to cracking, so they would have to be checked out first and rebuilt because of the high miles.

I may be wrong but aren't magnum 318 and 360 heads the same?

And either way magnum heads are prone to cracking, so they would have to be checked out first and rebuilt because of the high miles.

Yes, there the same head. You can rum magnum heads cracked. They normally crack and more often than not, have no ill effect on the running engine. You assume to much. My wife's engine has 285,000 + miles. Runs strong, passes emission test with ease, burns a quart of oil every 3 months, doesn't loose coolant, never runs hot, pings, cough, jerk, hic-up's, etc...

Check the ratio, measure it up exactly.

-
Back