5.7-6.1 swap into pickup

-

dusted72

Thanks Hemiroid!!!!
Reaction score
I know this is an A-body site and I have posted this question on mulitple sites with no luck. Has anybody swapped a 5.7 or 6.1 into a pickup? I am considering doing this to a 98 Ram SS/T just wandering if anybody else has had this thought.

Swapping it into that truck is posable but, emissions can become a hassle. Since your in the military (or so I assume since your currently in Iraq) you never know what emissions laws you will have to follow at your next assignment.

Being military, he can claim any state of residence he wants and hopefully a state without much emission standards like Montana. But your right, emissions could be the deal breaker.

True but thE state of CA will not permit this. If stationed there they want your tax money. And require you to be a resident. Not sure about other but that's one example.

There's not much chance of me going to Cali ever. My career field allows me to pick where I go. I am a legal resident of Kentucky and that is where I always register my vehicles. No emissions tests there.

I have seen a durango on the internet somewhere that someone swapped a 6.1 into. It was like a 99 or 2000 I believe. I have also considered doing a 5.7 swap into my 05 dakota. I have talked to a few people out there about it and it is definetly doable with an open check book. I have also seen somewhere an 04? maybe dodge ram with a 6.1 hemi swapped in. Just do some google searches and you will find them.

Ok so after looking at prices and the amount of work I have concluded that I can build one hell of a stroker for what it would cost to put a stock 5.7 in. The thought of a 5.7 under the hood would be cool though.

Ok so after looking at prices and the amount of work I have concluded that I can build one hell of a stroker for what it would cost to put a stock 5.7 in. The thought of a 5.7 under the hood would be cool though.

It would be, but getting the existing systems in the truck to work with the systems in the 5.7 would be a pain.

-
Back