5.7 hemi swap on the brain

-

deanster

Reaction score
Hi all, I've had 5.7 hemi swap on the brain for a little while. Anyone want to tell me what would be needed to convert my /6 dart sport? (besides a wheelbarrow full of cash)...Thanks...Dean

Not sure why anyone would want to do this.But I am sure someone here could help.
Jim

V8 power and better than 20 MPG on the highway?

Yeah...I don't know why anyone would want that

the hardest part to this swap in my opinion,is the computer,,unless you fget one from the donor car or truck,,xv motor sports has a kit,for 1250.00 computer,intake and carb, 2 wire hook up,,,

street and performance would be the guy to call he was the first guy to tackel this 5.7 hemi swaps,,

also arrington engines has a distributor conversion for this motor,,all tho last time i talked with them,they were having problems geting some one to build there distributor,,and pricing was up in the air,, but its not CHEAP,,,

V8 K frame or tubular one a must oil pan wont clear /6 K frame, no power booster hits valve cover, no stock power steering ,adjuster 1/2 from exhaust port. c/o steering column hits head at support bearing.WE tried for a month to make TTI mounts and exhaust work without changing everything. this was done by Mopar Muscle Magazine last summer. so we repainted slant six and put it back in. I have pictures and will be at MOPARS WITH BIG DADDY at Garlits Museum Nov 1&2 2008

Thanks for all the responses. I'm sure I'd be better off with a smallblock but for now I'm going to keep running the /6 until I can make up my mind. A hemi would sure be nice though...Dean

the truck manifolds work much better than do the car one's a friend of mine an i are doing a 70 dart swinger 4speed car at the moment no headers just a stock swap . he's doing his because he works for dodge an got a free motor 5.7 buy doing alot of engine work . warrenty catch my drift lol

there is a topic on this on ths site,, this is not impossible by any stretch or the imagination,,you may have to kmomve the steering column over a 1/2 inch,but thats easy,,the valve covers are very close to the iner fender wellas at the shock towers,,,minor modifacations,,,

and yes catch your drift,, on warrantry hemis,,seems to be a lot of them dropping valves,,,i see them on craigs list here all time, same mechanic,, selling short blocks,, etc,,out the back door of a dealership,,,lol

even had a guy in detroit with a 5.7 zero miles,,,selling it,, you know that went out the back door of a dealer ship or the factory,, tons of 5.7 hemis around to be had

-
Back