5.7 L Hemi, ZF 8HP70 Swap

-
I have read a lot of the comments about what I attempted to get just some info on. I do agree why build a muscle car and twist it into something new and lose the classic result. So welding and fixing rust the last few days has given me time to digest all this. I think I would be doing wrong by not trying to keep it some what oem. I have found a builder in Kansas that will build my 318. That way I will have a numbers matching car and keep it as it was. I could find a different car and build it into whatever next time. After running all over the country for parts on the rare car hate to mess with it to much. I do plan on installing a 5 or 6 speed conversion I found that will eliminate a lot of questions on how to do. This car will be a challenge and that is part of the fun. I have been to car shows and seen beautiful cars. I do agree once you open the hood and see the all to common chevy engine. Why spend thousands on a car then do that . OK I get it and your right my mistake

I realize this is an old thread but curious if anyone has more current info on the swap as I was able to purchase on bid a wrecked 2015 dodge 1500 with 5.7 and 8 speed that only has 6k miles on it for 600 bucks

for 600. you SCORED!!! pictures???

call chris at hotwire auto they can make the motor run

I talked to Chris at Hotwire today, they have an 8HP70 in the shop, and it's giving them problems.
So for the time being, 8HP70 is a challenge, unless you want to do a body on...but even then the car has body and roll sensors that feed inputs to the computer.

-
Back