5.9 mag/ 6 speed swap pix.

-

discharger1332

Reaction score
we finally made some progress on a friends 71 Cuda at work over the weekend. last week I took the rear body dollie off and installed the new rear suspention, XHD leafs, 8 3/4, 3:55 s.g. Dr. diff disk kit, Billstein shocks.
here is where i started taking pix. the magnum just came out of my boss' car and the Hemi is going in when its out of paint.(i will do a thread on his car when its going together) He sold the magnum to a friend and this is his 71 Cuda.
pix 1-4 magnum and Hemi side by side.
pix 5-6 body on hoist, engine ready to go in.
pic 7. engine in
pix 8-9 suspention in and on its wheels.

we also installed a shop heater over the weekend. We are going to be doing a 69 GTS soon as well so I will do a thread on it too. busy busy busy.
I need to put an R.V behind the shop so I can get more work done, lol.

IMG_2016.JPG

IMG_2018.JPG

IMG_2019.JPG

IMG_2020.JPG

IMG_2022.JPG

IMG_2023.JPG

IMG_2024.JPG

IMG_2025.JPG

IMG_2026.JPG

What exact tranny is that now?
And please tell us about the quick time bell and how it goes.

Looks freakin awesome!

it's a Tremec 6 speed, i will ask my boss what the specs are. he loves it so much he ordered the exact same set up for his new Hemi conversion.
The bell is great, simple straight forward install. The same bell worked for the Hemi swap as well.
This entire Magnum drive train has been in my boss' car for the past 3 years. He loves it but was ready for more. funny thing is he is already collecting stuff to build another Magnum same as this.

Very nice! I used a QuickTime bell on my TKO/Big block install, agree it is nice, quick and easy. With the 6 speed install, did you need to do any floor mods?

oh yeah, i will get some pix of the tunnel tommorow. lots of modification required. we cut most of the tunnel out, then made a frame to match the boot bezel, made legs for it from the frame, then started piecing together a tunnel around that frame.

we finally made some progress on a friends 71 Cuda at work over the weekend. last week I took the rear body dollie off and installed the new rear suspention, XHD leafs, 8 3/4, 3:55 s.g. Dr. diff disk kit, Billstein shocks.
here is where i started taking pix. the magnum just came out of my boss' car and the Hemi is going in when its out of paint.(i will do a thread on his car when its going together) He sold the magnum to a friend and this is his 71 Cuda.
pix 1-4 magnum and Hemi side by side.
pix 5-6 body on hoist, engine ready to go in.
pic 7. engine in
pix 8-9 suspention in and on its wheels.

we also installed a shop heater over the weekend. We are going to be doing a 69 GTS soon as well so I will do a thread on it too. busy busy busy.
I need to put an R.V behind the shop so I can get more work done, lol.

View attachment 1715018116

View attachment 1715018117

View attachment 1715018118

View attachment 1715018119

View attachment 1715018121

View attachment 1715018122

View attachment 1715018123

View attachment 1715018124

View attachment 1715018125

Nice work on the drivetrains, but dang, that's one ugly color and wheel combo on that '71.

anxiously awaiting the final assembly of the 71'. Looks like it is off to a good start!

Nice work on the drivetrains, but dang, that's one ugly color and wheel combo on that '71.

lol, the wheels are my boss' we just threw them on to roll it, I think the owner is going with torque thrust's. It was painted before it came to us, but the shop screwed him over so we took it on to help a friend out. We are not finishing the car, just getting it to a point so the owner can finish it himself.
we will be starting assembly of my boss' car very soon. paint should be done this week, and all the parts are ready to go.

so the 6 speeds are Tremec T56 magnum's. the one on the 5.9 magnum has a Centerforce clutch, and the one on the Hemi has a Dragon claw dual disk clutch.

-
Back