5.9 magnum block

-

Dan the man

Reaction score
I don't know much about the magnum blocks but I know that guys on here do. What cylinder heads are available for the magnum blocks that have the LA intake manifold bolt pattern? Asking for a friend of mine. Also what would be a good carb and intake manifold. Leaving the short block as is for now.

I don't know much about the magnum blocks but I know that guys on here do. What cylinder heads are available for the magnum blocks that have the LA intake manifold bolt pattern? Asking for a friend of mine. Also what would be a good carb and intake manifold. Leaving the short block as is for now.
If planned correctly, you can treat the Magnum block as an LA replacement.
Any LA head with LA intake pattern can be bolted onto a Magnum block with LA head gaskets. No problem there. Most magnum blocks do not have LA head oil holes drilled down to the cam bearings, and Magnum camshafts do not have the oil holes either. Easy fix is Comp Ultra Pro Magnum rocker arms, or any other copy of that rocker arm like PRW, then use hollow pushrods and Magnum roller lifters for oiling.
If the Magnum block did have the oil holes, running an LA camshaft and camshaft bearings allows the use of any LA rocker arm suitable for the head you choose.

-
Back