Drilling Magnum heads for LA intake pattern

-
Not trying to hijack. I have the original if someone wants to buy it? No tap or bit (5/16 drill bit 3/8 tap) I paid like $500 something for it. If any ones interested send me a fair offer I might accept.

A0D83A84-511E-4F67-A3C6-F7C562256F90.png

What I was thinking of doing:

1...OEM unshaved head for "jig" oh wait you can't SAY that,
2...Make the blank plate and index to head surface
3...Make at least 2 studs in lathe, grind to points for centers
4...Install studs in heads, install plate and tap to obtain bolt centers
5...Drill small pilot on these centers
6....Install in drill/ mill ream to clear bolts
7....Install plate on head using these holes with bolts and obtain centers for remaining bolt holes, drill small pilots
8....Ream all holes to clear intake bolts
9....Install plate and pilot tubes on head with long bolts to clamp and weld pilot tubes.

So the flaw I see? is that the tubes will now be large enough to clear the intake bolts, rather than the drill size for the tap. This can allow some slop, BUT you can buy thin wall tubing (brass?) which might be a work-around, inexpensive, and easily replaced when worn.

Maybe I could ream and install helicoils in the head to accept 5/16 bolts and that would then allow me to use 5/16 bolts to "jig" the thing together
Like this? Already thought of that. Inside Sleeve is the size of drill bit, the welded in one is size of tap and bolt. It’ll be a jig till the day I die dcwgaf.

3DE27DD3-5D22-404F-A4BA-D472C89EF1FA.jpeg

I have my template done, all you need are drill bits and taps, but I get $200 up front to send to your address, when I get the template back I’ll refund your money less shipping. It comes back to me not another member. That makes both of us honest and if the template goes ‘missing’ I have enough money to make another. Trying to correct the problem with the other members template.

View attachment 1715992873
Hi there - do you still have this and offer the same offer? Am looking to drill my magnum heads to LA intake pattern.

I have my template done, all you need are drill bits and taps, but I get $200 up front to send to your address, when I get the template back I’ll refund your money less shipping. It comes back to me not another member. That makes both of us honest and if the template goes ‘missing’ I have enough money to make another. Trying to correct the problem with the other members template.

Agreed would also be interested

I for one don’t think you are asking enough for a deposit. I see members with low post counts already jumping onboard and we all know there are some that can’t be trusted from past experience.

I for one don’t think you are asking enough for a deposit. I see members with low post counts already jumping onboard and we all know there are some that can’t be trusted from past experience.
Ok, lower than 200 will be $500 over that count $400. They WILL get their money back less shipping cost AFTER it’s back in my hands. Sound fair?
I have added a 3/8ths milling tool that face cuts the hole before drilling so the bit won’t grab at first.

Ok, lower than 200 will be $500 over that count $400. They WILL get their money back less shipping cost AFTER it’s back in my hands. Sound fair?
I have added a 3/8ths milling tool that face cuts the hole before drilling so the bit won’t grab at first.

Hey you went to the trouble and expense of making it. It only make sense to protect yourself from lowlifes that don’t care about you or anyone else. Thanks for offering it up.

Hey you went to the trouble and expense of making it. It only make sense to protect yourself from lowlifes that don’t care about you or anyone else. Thanks for offering it up.
Thanks for kind of putting new members like me in the ‘lowlifes’ bracket. Have some faith in people - we don’t all come on here to steal somebody’s template. New members probably share the same values as you and others on this group - we just came into Mopars later than you, and are still learning, and in my case, now find ourselves building an engine, looking for solutions - my existence on Forabodiesonly was never premeditated to secure a drilling template. Anyway, thank you, Ceedawg for the offer but am now sending my intake to Performance Injection Equipment for them to drill the Magnum bolt pattern into the intake. All the best, ‘lowlife’ member, Tuesday

Thanks for kind of putting new members like me in the ‘lowlifes’ bracket. Have some faith in people - we don’t all come on here to steal somebody’s template. New members probably share the same values as you and others on this group - we just came into Mopars later than you, and are still learning, and in my case, now find ourselves building an engine, looking for solutions - my existence on Forabodiesonly was never premeditated to secure a drilling template. Anyway, thank you, Ceedawg for the offer but am now sending my intake to Performance Injection Equipment for them to drill the Magnum bolt pattern into the intake. All the best, ‘lowlife’ member, Tuesday

Do a little research about the issues these plates have been involved in. Nothing personal aimed at anyone but the dirt balls that ripped off the last set of plates. There were guys that wanted to make a personal visit to his house. When members hang around and post questions or post up some help trust is gained in most cases. I gave out 100’s of 10% off coupons for summit and you should see how many guys come here for coupons only. Some guys are natural born users. Sorry I offended you but don’t be so paranoid as it was pointed at the last offender’s that ripped off a set of plates to call their own.

Do a little research about the issues these plates have been involved in. Nothing personal aimed at anyone but the dirt balls that ripped off the last set of plates. There were guys that wanted to make a personal visit to his house. When members hang around and post questions or post up some help trust is gained in most cases. I gave out 100’s of 10% off coupons for summit and you should see how many guys come here for coupons only. Some guys are natural born users. Sorry I offended you but don’t be so paranoid as it was pointed at the last offender’s that ripped off a set of plates to call their own.
Understood - it’s sad that some folks have no moral code. Putting trust in people is strength but when it’s broken it takes time to build that trust back up. I followed the threads, and how they went missing is pretty disgusting. Love this group and what it’s about - as I learn am sure to put back. Think I’m sorted with what I need now without the Jig - there is limited choice out there for lunatics like me that want to put a la intake on magnum heads !

Understood - it’s sad that some folks have no moral code. Putting trust in people is strength but when it’s broken it takes time to build that trust back up. I followed the threads, and how they went missing is pretty disgusting. Love this group and what it’s about - as I learn am sure to put back. Think I’m sorted with what I need now without the Jig - there is limited choice out there for lunatics like me that want to put a la intake on magnum heads !

Thanks for understanding

-
Back