5.9 magnum cam

-

Muscley MOPAR

Reaction score
how much lift and duration will a magnum style 318 360 motor handle while still running the stock engine managment(ECU) without computer issues

Give Hughes a call, they will know what is right for you combination.

It depends on how you are tuning and what you consider acceptable. I have a 212/[email protected] .510/.510 114lsa cam (318) and it runs on a tuned PCM OK. It doesn't throw codes .... it passes smog and etc. However the truck ran much, much better on a standalone. Things like IAC control and decel are tricky to get right on a factory PCM flash .... the stock computer doesn't like low vac.... I have seen 240 duration cams with .5xx lift and a 108 lsa run DECENT on the factory ECU with a tune of course. With no SCT or PCM flashing I wouldn't go very agressive .... the 4800rpm rev limit will limit your powerband anyway!

Hey thanks for the advise, basically i can't really upgrade the cam without a ecu tune

That is essentially correct. You could probably get away with the Mopar R/T cam or the R/T+10 cam, but they were designed for use with the Mopar PCM. What year/model/engine is the PCM that you have?

Have you tried to call Bullet racing cams? They can regrind yours, just let them know what you want to use it for.

-
Back