5 alarm tacos....

Hot food

• Total voters
-

inkjunkie

Reaction score
What did I do to p*ss off Ernie today? She made tacos for dinner tonight.....the sweat was just pumping off of me. Guess it was mess with the white boy day today. When I was younger I used to love scorching hot stuff.....not anymore......Before I knew what they were I ate a whole habanero right off the stem, seeds and all. Actually liked it enough that they became a staple in my diet. My Ex beat the hell out of me one night. She was making dinner for a few friends and I diced up 4 of them and slipped them in the sauce...that lasagne was killer....

I like enough heat to bring out the flavor. No need to injure yourself.

Just remember. It's always hotter on the way out.

I like it hot enough to need some cold milk on the table but not so hot it burns your lips. As I've aged the need to tone it down gets greater. Like Rob said it's hotter on the way out.

One-alarm is fine for me these days. Anyone who is familiar with Crohn's disease would understand.

About half as hot as my wife. Her lasagna damn near killed me a few years ago...she uses hot Italian sausage, pepper jack cheese, and pepperoni. WOW, that heartburn was brutal.

But damn, that lasagna was good! :D

A guy I work with calls his "mild" salsa (which is on par with typical "hot" salsa) "why bother"? His "hot" salsa will actually EAT through a plastic bowl. (Cayenne, jalapeno, habanero, and at least one other pepper.) When he makes it, his wife demands he close off the kitchen & run an exhaust fan...otherwise, he tear-gasses everyone else out of the house.

I make a seasoning from equal parts salt, black pepper, and home grown cayenne peppers ( seeds and all, smoked over apricot wood). Goes good over anything savory!

Try some Garam Masala to start.....I am East Indian, you want to talk about spice LOL.

I like to have some 440+6 spice every once in awhile and so far everything I have had in Colorado that claimed to be bursting with spice.......more like 273 2 bbl. spice. LMAO

About half as hot as my wife. Her lasagna damn near killed me a few years ago...she uses hot Italian sausage, pepper jack cheese, and pepperoni. WOW, that heartburn was brutal.

But damn, that lasagna was good! :D

A guy I work with calls his "mild" salsa (which is on par with typical "hot" salsa) "why bother"? His "hot" salsa will actually EAT through a plastic bowl. (Cayenne, jalapeno, habanero, and at least one other pepper.) When he makes it, his wife demands he close off the kitchen & run an exhaust fan...otherwise, he tear-gasses everyone else out of the house.
Have a friend that grows some insanely hot peppers, when he grinds them he goes out to the garage and wears a mask and goggles....I think....

Try some Garam Masala to start.....I am East Indian, you want to talk about spice LOL.

I like to have some 440+6 spice every once in awhile and so far everything I have had in Colorado that claimed to be bursting with spice.......more like 273 2 bbl. spice. LMAO

he got the seeds from when he was in your home land several years ago. Next time I see him I am going to get the name of them again, perhaps you might know of them....

Geez...I can't eat Indian food because it's too spicy. I can't eat Thai food because most of it will put me in the hospital. Stop making me hungry for food I can't eat, dagnabbit! :toothy1:

I love the scorching hot, but the scorching hot no love me (anymore)

The wife and I grow a big garden and can everything. The last thing we make....well we call it Satan poop. Fill a stock pot 2/3's full of ghost and habanero peppers plus what's left of the jalapeno pepper and the last 1/3 is tomatoes. Hit it with the boat motor till it's ground up into a sauce. Pour into icecube trays and freeze.

One cube added to a pot of chili and most people won't eat more than one bite. But that's the way we like it. Habbies and ghosties have great flavor once you get past molten lava feeling on your tongue.

Get you a bottle of Dave's Insanity Sauce. If it's too hot for you, you can use it to clean concrete floors. Says so right on the label.

I like it hot, used to like it way hotter.... oh well, getting old I guess...

Just when you think you've found the hottest sauce on the planet, it will all pale in comparison to the nectar of the devils own fire, a sunspot volcano concoction called "The Source"! It is so ridiculously hot, it needs to be bottled in solid Kryptonite!!

While the 2nd hottest concoction is a mind blowing 3,000,000 scoville units, The Source weighs in at 7,100,000 svu!!! And I thought Endorphin Rush was hot!!!

I voted for the top dog on the list...I like to take a page from the Heat Miser...."Some like it hot, I like it real hot"!! Won't do The Source again though, its NOT of this world!!! Geof

I wish I could handle hot. Truth is if its hotter than table pepper I am in the throne room for several hours.

I love East Indian and Thai food, where lucky to have such good ethic food here.

I like a little heat

But the older I get the less it likes me so I don't like it too hot anymore

Don't understand the STUPID HOT, got to wear gloves, googles to handle. One guy told me of some that would blister your fingers. Now that is plane CRAZY

spice isn't all about chili heat .......it takes a lot of things to make spice with a flavor. It shouldn't just burn your tongue....what is the fun in that.

It should be a burst of flavor like an orchestra playing that is almost beyond words to describe that makes you want to go back for more and you wont even be thinking of the sheer heat.

The wife and I grow a big garden and can everything. The last thing we make....well we call it Satan poop. Fill a stock pot 2/3's full of ghost and habanero peppers plus what's left of the jalapeno pepper and the last 1/3 is tomatoes. Hit it with the boat motor till it's ground up into a sauce. Pour into icecube trays and freeze.

One cube added to a pot of chili and most people won't eat more than one bite. But that's the way we like it. Habbies and ghosties have great flavor once you get past molten lava feeling on your tongue.

You sir are insane.
Bad as the guy at work making ghosties chocolate chip cookies.

breakstuff, if you do a lot of canning you might want to look into Tattler reusable canning lids, I've been using them for 4-5 years and you can't tell.

-
Back