5 on 4 to 5 on 4.5

-

Kevin Jonker

Reaction score
Did I see or hear about someone making a 5 on 4.5 rotor that fits the 5 on 4 A body cars or am I just dreaming? Seems like the ultimate answer to this problem. Kevin

SSBC (Stainless Steel Brake Corp.) disc brake upgrade kit has the 4 " BC and the 4.5 BC on them. Stock 14" ralley wheels fit over these brakes with 11" rotors. The kit no is A153 and is for 10" drum spindles only. Excellent kit.

disc.jpg

I have also heard that B-body KH rotors will fit if you have disc already I have not been able to try this yet as I have 4 piston disc & a buddy has a old rotor for me to try, only downside is the price of the new rotors.

Keith Mopar said:
SSBC (Stainless Steel Brake Corp.) disc brake upgrade kit has the 4 " BC and the 4.5 BC on them. Stock 14" ralley wheels fit over these brakes with 11" rotors. The kit no is A153 and is for 10" drum spindles only. Excellent kit.

Just so I understand this correctly, and from the looks of the picture....If you have the 10" front drums on your car and you want to upgrade to disc brakes using the SSBC kit, it gives you the option of large or small bolt pattern?? So for me, I have the 10" front drums. I am looking to go small bolt pattern on the disc's at first and eventually go large bolt pattern some day in the future...So this kit gives you that option huh?....Neat!

Here is an old Mopar Acion article that is very comprehnsive on brakes. Also, on my car it had a whole 73 V8 disc K-frame swapped in, that was a simple swap (relatively speaking). Also, on the rear it is a 69 8 3/4" with the axles and drums drilled for 4 1/2" BP. If the drums ever go past turning, I am just going to get a new set of axles and a rear disc brake kit from SSBC.

Mopar Brake Tech

Suregrip Yes thew SSBC kit for Drum spindles gives you the choice of Bolt Circle Large & small so when you get the rear swaped over its just a matter of moving the front studs to the second mounting position

some people complain that they are a little too expensive, but the simplicity of choosing your bolt pattern as well as the pads that go in are the same as if you had stock KH calipers(bendix D11)! the fit is great and simple to install, well worth the money for those having sbp now and going to bbp later.

The only thing I wish is they made a kit for Disc Spindles as I already have KH disc on my car just would like the availability of rotors & the adjustablity of bolt pattern

As far as I know there only from SSBC but someone has to be making them for them

yes they have someone making them for them. unfortunately, they are a tad too big as compared to the stock a body KH rotors. good luck though, wagner is making the rotors for the 67-72 a bodies. part #60257. they are under $100 a piece but who cares when you can have NEW rotors. the funny thing is that when you look in the catalog under 68 dart or cuda, they show nothing! but you look at 67 or 69 or 71 dart, duster, cuda, etc., then they all show the 60257 number. strange.....but they fit perfect on my buddy's 68 cuda.

-
Back