5 point harness mounting location

-

n00blike

Reaction score
Hello guys and gals,

Im going to be adding some 5 point harnesses to my 74 duster but I wanted to know/see were people put the mounting points.

I have and would like to keep my bench seat. I also don't have a cage.

I got my harness from Crow erprizes. It came with 4 eye-bolts that the harness clips to. Im not sure why i didn't get 5 eye-bolts.

please post pics if possible.

just do a simpson lap belt then. mounting a 5 point harness (shoulder straps) below your shoulders will break your spine in an accident.

5 point harness in a non race car, would just be an unnecessary, pain in the *** . The old school, non-retractable, 3 points (like in my wife's 73) get old.

Besides, how will you put the moves on the ladies when you are glued in your seat?

5 point harness in a non race car, would just be an unnecessary, pain in the *** . The old school, non-retractable, 3 points (like in my wife's 73) get old.

Besides, how will you put the moves on the ladies when you are glued in your seat?

yea and i doubt that mounting hole would do anything but rip out in a crash. Thats why i just recommended the 3" simpson lap belt

as i posted that three point will probably just rip out in a crash, go a two point and youll be fine, or put a cage in and do it right

as i posted that three point will probably just rip out in a crash, go a two point and youll be fine, or put a cage in and do it right

Is that a common thing?

(Sorry for all the questions, I have not dealt with seat belts before)

It looks like the car came with a 3 point from the factory. I removed them because the retracting feature would jam every now and then on both of them.

It seems like the top mounting location was welded to the body and the bolts look big. :read:

I came across these:
http://www.morrisclassicconcepts.com/duster70-73.html

Hello guys and gals,

Im going to be adding some 5 point harnesses to my 74 duster but I wanted to know/see were people put the mounting points.

I have and would like to keep my bench seat. I also don't have a cage.

I got my harness from Crow erprizes. It came with 4 eye-bolts that the harness clips to. Im not sure why i didn't get 5 eye-bolts.

please post pics if possible.

I am in the process of doing this now but with a cage as others have noted. My rear seats will have the 3" lap belts just to match the rest. I doubt if anyone would ever get back there. Using the bench seat and cutting slots in for the submarine / crotch belt. Tearing the interior apart tomorrow... Cage arrives Fedex freight on Wednesday this coming week. I will be doing swing out bars and the rear bar will swing also so I can get my big arse back there

-
Back