Not open for further replies.

physixx

FABO Gold Member
FABO Gold Member
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
218   0   0
Contact seller
I have a used Simpson black 5-point driver restraint set of belts for sale. The date on the belts is August 2007 so the expiration date was August 2009 (before all the problems for Simpson). I’d like to get $25 for it plus the shipping.

Ken
Edison, NJ

DSCN1126.jpg

sorry but i'm not sure what you mean "before all the problems for simpson" did i miss something?

What if anything would a person have to do to be able to use these at a track? I dont know so clue me in. I need a set of something for the 64 Savoy. Thanks
Small Block

I'll take em if for nothing but a fit up. Good price. You have a PM.

Good move Bill, These will be good for your 64 Savoy and you can use them till you get it in the low 6.50 1/8 mile tracks and most track just want you to have a helmet and shoulder belt 8.0 and lower around here and up in your area.

Bill, I sent you a PM in return. When the belts get past their expiration dates, you can send them back to the manufacturer to get recertified, rewebbed or whatever they do or some racers just sell them. I've always sent them back to the manufacturer for recertification. I'm selling these belts because they came with a project that I bought and don't have any use for them. In my car, I use red ones from M&R here in New Jersey.

MrBelvedere2, in recent months, the Simpson corp. aka Impact Racing, has been accused of buying counterfeit SFI patches made in China and putting them onto their products without the proper SFI foundation approval. The NHRA has instructed anyone using Simpson safety products that they will not be accepted at any NHRA sanctioned track or race. It's been in and out of court and there has been a lot of accusations back and forth. The latest information appears to be that only the last couple of years of his Impact Racing products are in question. Not the older Simpson brand. That's just my understanding of the whole mess.

Here is a link to an article from April 2010

http://www.ibj.com/update-impact-racing-reaches-agreement-over-safety-labels/PARAMS/article/19055

Ken

Status
Not open for further replies.
-
Back