5 speed stick A body

-

fstfish66

Reaction score
any one know what ever happened to the american power train TKO install they were talking about for an A body ?? i cant even find the old topic,,,

They were gonna do a 350hp T5 kit IIRC. Would be nice for a 340 GTS stocker but thats about it.

I e mailed american power train on this topic,,,and recieved a very quick reply,,,, they said they scrapped the T=5 install,,which i ddint ask about,,,,i asked about the TKO install on an A body they talked about on this board,,,

they said they are working on a new TKO install kit,,which will come with a new cross member to beef up the torsion bar area that has to be cut out to get the TKO in an A body trans tunnel,,,

so we will see if they ever update us on this topic,,,,

Maybe the dropped it in favor of the RS series stuff they are promoting that's supposed to be a straight bolt in? I know they have the RS for the B and E body stuff, and I thought I heard rumor they were going to make one for an A body, but I haven't seen any news on it in a long time. Can't remember what the RS was based on though, unless that's the T5 one you were talking about.

RS is Keisler stuff, not American Power Train. Different companies.

RS is based on the TR3550 or something similar. Same transmission as the SN95 and later Mustangs had. Don't believe they will ever be able to build a bolt in trans out of that, but I've been proven wrong before.

RS is Keisler stuff, not American Power Train. Different companies.

RS is based on the TR3550 or something similar. Same transmission as the SN95 and later Mustangs had. Don't believe they will ever be able to build a bolt in trans out of that, but I've been proven wrong before.

tr3550= TKO base

The T45 is the RS base. I think the RS is roughly T5 sized so it wouldnt be a full drop in, but still easier than the other options.

Ah, whoops, I didn't pay enough attention the company. Doesn't Keisler already have a TKO install kit? From what I've heard Keisler more or less just sources the parts from somewhere like American Powertrain anyway, so you could get a list of parts from the kit and ask them directly and see what they could put together. I'd think about the only thing that might be Keisler specific would be the tunnel mod and template.

Kiesler is getting away from the TKO stuff and are pushing there own RS series trannies that are closer to a straight bolt in.

tr3550= TKO base

The T45 is the RS base. I think the RS is roughly T5 sized so it wouldnt be a full drop in, but still easier than the other options.

Yep, you're right. T45, not TR3550. :banghead:

-
Back