5 volt resistor for gauges

-

Gene Rea

66 barracuda
Reaction score
I have a 66 barracuda my fuel and temperature gauges are not working. I had found on this site a picture and part 5 volt resistor and can’t seem to find it again,now that I removed the dash panel. I don’t know what happened I had it saved and now can’t find it anywhere.

Do a search for

Solid State Rallye Gauge Instrument Voltage Regulators (IVR)​

hope that helps !

MOPAR Products

they have the IVR (not a resister) for your gauges

Because you have a barracuda the IVR is built into the fuel gauge and you will have to follow the directions, for that to install one.

MOPAR Products

Because you have a barracuda the IVR is built into the fuel gauge and you will have to follow the directions, for that to install one.
I see the part, but I don’t have the slots that it goes into
Do a search for

hope that helps !
Do a search for

hope that helps !
thanks. When Ilooked it up it is this

image.jpg

39928B15-C4BB-4494-BC72-F34ADB32995D.png

178CF72D-0295-4D15-A8F6-622A0F838AA0.png

MOPAR Products

MOPAR Products

I thought I had found the right Ivr and had it saved but must have deleted it. The ones I see now plug into the back of the dash near the fuel gauge but I have no where to plug it in.

The plug in type are for dart standard dashes, maybe Valiant and probably other B, C, E bodies.

The Ralley dashes have the IVR inside the fuel gauge. It is not removable.

You can replace the fuel gauge with a good used one maybe a repo.

Or you follow the instructions on the r-t engineering website and disable the bad IVR in the fuel gauge and add a external one.

Yours, as you say, does not plug in. You must "safe" disable the old one and wire it in, mount it on the rear of the cluster.

Here is some info

There may be other methods and other sites, do a search

There are 3 terminals on the fuel gauge as opposed to 2 on non-Ralley clusters. One terminal is fed switched 12V from the key, goes into the gauge housing and operates the limiter. The limiter internally feeds the fuel gauge as well as bringing the 5V out to a stud to jumper that power to the other gauges. The third stud is the sender

When you wire in the new one, you rob 12V off the proper stud, and feed the new IVR to the 5V stud on the gauge.

I see the part, but I don’t have the slots that it goes into
I thought I had found the right Ivr and had it saved but must have deleted it. The ones I see now plug into the back of the dash near the fuel gauge but I have no where to plug it in

That's because on your Barracuda, and later cars with Ralley gauges, the IVR is inside the fuel gauge. It must be disassembled to replace the IVR.
By the way, don't bother replacing it with another factory type IVR, get an electronic one as referenced by @Dana67Dart . You don't want to have to do this again at a later date.
Reference these articles for step by step instructions to replace your IVR.
Early Valiant Barracuda Club - Gauge Repair
RTE Gauge Faq - rte

-
Back