50 Worst Cars of All Time

-
A

Ace

Don't know if anybody saw this yet, but the subject came up in a thread a few days ago. Somebody was considering a Mustang, and wanted to know what I thought was a "bad" (not in the bad-*** sense, i.e. Mopar) car.

Well, I ran across the whole list. I even tend to like a few of these and actually own A 1971 New Yorker, sibling to the Imperial listed. It is a joy to drive, but to each his own, I guess. Here they are:

http://www.time.com/time/specials/2007/completelist/0,,1658545,00.html

i am with you ace. there are a couple on here that need to be here and there are some that i like too that i feel are here by accident. i also belive that there are some missing that should be here and are not.....1971 newyorker huh?? nice ride. i too have a c body..1970 polara convertible. gotta love'em.:love2:

Cool list, Never owned a one of them!!
I did race dirt track in a pinto my oldest son owned and that little
turd would turn and hold up to allot.

63 Valiant /6 must be on the best car list.8-[

Cute opinionated waste of ink and paper written by somebody who is certainly not a "car guy". In fact the authors disdain for the automobile and even political views show through. Too bad no actual facts, such as service records, sales figures and current values were used to determine that these were indeed the worst. Some of the cars on the list are quite collectible today. True some on the list were pretty bad.

Written for "Car Haters" by "Car Haters"

It appeared to be written by a tree hugger naturalist. Read the one about the GM EV1. This will clue you in on the person. I hope this persons parents still love them. Because I sure don't.

The Pinto is at the end of one of autodom's most notorious paper trails, the Ford Pinto memo , which ruthlessly calculates the cost of reinforcing the rear end ($121 million) versus the potential payout to victims ($50 million). Conclusion? Let 'em burn.

Classic corporate thought.

If zippo made a car ,:drinkers:
I guess it would be on a negative writing do da list too.[-X

How did the AMC Pacer miss the list:sunny::sunny:

Yeah, and the AMC Matador. The 2 door Matador had to be the ugliest car ever made. Today it's gotta be that thing that looks like a box. I'm not even sure who makes it.

Yeah, and the AMC Matador. The 2 door Matador had to be the ugliest car ever made. Today it's gotta be that thing that looks like a box. I'm not even sure who makes it.

That box vehicle I think your referring to is the Scion; it's made by Toyota.

The only reason I even read the article is I was wondering if anything I owned or owned before was on there. Sure 'enuff - '71 Chrysler. At least there were no A-Body's listed!

Sorry, but I can not agree with the Consulier GTP. Sure, it was goofy-looking, but it was powered by a Shelby GLHS 2.2L and ran circles around pretty much anything you care to name. Also, I would love to find a nice Imperial Le Baron. There are plenty of genuinely bad cars that are not on the list.

I sold cars & where are these fools coming from. I know I shouldn't have read these 50 mistakes. They somehow missed the Vega, Pont Fiero, Plm Cricket & ealy Subarus. In fact any early made import had poor bodies & a heater not ready for MN. Mazda rotary? The Airflow was a sales failure but not a problematic car Too far advanced for the 30's. The early Chevy v-8's with soft cams. Oh please let me not read drivel again.

The list has some really good cars on it and also missed some really bad ones.
The list should definitely have a '74 Toyota Corolla, this was a cartoon version of a Mach 1 Mustang amd they rusted out like Pintos and Vegas. The early Mustangs 64 - 68 were rather poor cars too.

Why have the Edsel or the Pacer? Both actually very good cars.

Maybe the list should be over and under-rated cars...

im sad to say that i owned a 1974 gremlin,but i did have a 383 with a 727 in it so it kinda doesn't count

yea & why's the Delorean on the list? I'd love to own one to drive back to 1971 & buy me a new 71 Hemi Cuda.

im sad to say that i owned a 1974 gremlin,but i did have a 383 with a 727 in it so it kinda doesn't count

I have a soft spot for the amcs,some of them made some pretty bad *** street machines with the 390s and 401s.Had a gremlin running the streets around here a few years ago with a 390/four speed and it was pretty serious!.

-
Back