50 Worst Cars of All Time

-
The Airflow is 'one of the worst cars' due to it's poor timing?

That's odd criteria.

i guess it is a list of different strokes for different focks, i have owned some of the cars on that list and they weren't bad cars. though they were nothing to write home about either.

how did they base this list? who desided what was on and what was not?

That box vehicle I think your referring to is the Scion; it's made by Toyota.

When the Scions first came out a magazine I subscribed to wrote a review of them. A couple of months later they printed a letter from a reader who said something like..."If they couldn't think of anything better to name them than 'XA' and 'XB', why didn't they just call them Sludge-Pump A and Sludge-Pump B."

I tend to agree, but they are made by Toyota & I can see where the boxy one might be handy if you were in a band or something. And just about anything looks better than a Pontiac Aztec.

This genius made a lot of mkistakkres ie the Aitflow was an especially great car for the time although too far ahead of it's time. Sure he included the Pinto but he must not have known how to spell Vega etc etc etc POOLITZEER PRIZE indeed There were sales flops on the list but does not mean lemon! But this dimming bulb apparently didn't have a idea. He is aclueistic.
Oh, he forgot the Isuzu pu which rusted apart on yhe trip across the ocean, OH excuse me Oriental cars are not to be included

Any such list that misses the Vega and anything with that hiddeous converted Oldsmobile diesel in it is obviously flawed.

Cadillac Cimarron- I remember those. It was a Chevy Caviler with a Cadillac symbol on it! LOL! What a joke! I think it had leather interior though :p

I couldn't believe some of the cars that DIDmake the list and some that DIDN'T make it!

Cute opinionated waste of ink and paper written by somebody who is certainly not a "car guy". In fact the authors disdain for the automobile and even political views show through. Too bad no actual facts, such as service records, sales figures and current values were used to determine that these were indeed the worst. Some of the cars on the list are quite collectible today. True some on the list were pretty bad.

Written for "Car Haters" by "Car Haters"

Pretty much sums it up. Take a look at the 1909 Model T. Only one sentence on it's service record, at the very end, but a two full paragraphs bashing the idea that it jump started the American industrial machine (which won WWII, by the way), started the American love affair with cars which ultimately led to air pollution, athletes feet, in grown toe nails, male pattern baldness, and impotence... you know, everything the tree hugging bunny lovers like to blame cars and everything surrounding cars for. Therefore the Model T is the worst car ever built for starting it all!

yea & why's the Delorean on the list? I'd love to own one to drive back to 1971 & buy me a new 71 Hemi Cuda.

I have driven and worked on a lot of cars. I did a brake job and drove a DeLorean. They looked cheaply made, Volvo brakes, kit car front end, Renault engine. I got in and drove it, and wondered what the fuss was all about.

Yugos were total crap cars, i worked at Thrifty Car Rental, we had some. They were garbage cars, but you could abuse the hell out of them. We would drive them, stop at a light and floor the gas to redline, pop the clutch when the light turned green and it would protest all the way down the road, they were hard to kill they were such simple cars.

Was the Explorer such a bad truck? Mine has never has a real issue. And did they really make enough 4 Cyl Camaros for them to be considered bad? I have never even seen one.

The list has some really good cars on it and also missed some really bad ones.
The list should definitely have a '74 Toyota Corolla, this was a cartoon version of a Mach 1 Mustang amd they rusted out like Pintos and Vegas. The early Mustangs 64 - 68 were rather poor cars too.

Why have the Edsel or the Pacer? Both actually very good cars.

Maybe the list should be over and under-rated cars...

Do you mean those mid 70's Celicas, they remind me of little mini Mustangs, they make really neat looking cars when they are fixed up with rims and tires. Never driven one but some of them look kinda cool.

I completely disregard any writing time does after naming Barack Obama Person of the year 2008.

I think this BOZO doesn't comprehend a lemon ie poorly made car w/ problems manufactured into an auto example VEGA vs a car which sold poorer than expected AIRFLOW.
I well remenber CONSUMER REPORTS berating the current 1968 Charger only to recant 20-30 years later!!

-
Back