512 head choice (opinion)

-

gardnerjamesw

Reaction score
I'm just about ready to make a head purchase for my new 512... I've been leaning in the direction of the 240 Trick Flow but now stuck between the 270 TrickFlow or Indy EZ-1.... Opinion? or a entirely different direction? Im open to all options.
I want to be in that 750ish range and low ten ET

c
I'm just about ready to make a head purchase for my new 512... I've been leaning in the direction of the 240 Trick Flow but now stuck between the 270 TrickFlow or Indy EZ-1.... Opinion? or a entirely different direction? Im open to all options.
cnc standard port victor knock offs on mine, flow 352 @ .600, don`t go up much from there-------streetcar. will need longer pushrods, offset intake rockers tho.

In my not so humble opinion there is no way that a max wedge port is too big even for a street driven 440. But, what is your planned intake manifold and carburetor?

In my not so humble opinion there is no way that a max wedge port is too big even for a street driven 440. But, what is your planned intake manifold and carburetor?
Thats a good question... with the 240's I was planning on going with the trickflow intake and a 4150 but I think with the 270's they haven't made an intake to match the MW port yet... correct?

Indy makes a dual plane (4150) and two single plane (4150 or 4500) intakes that can go Max Wedge and Edelbrock makes a Victor that will go Max Wedge but only comes with a Dominator flange.

I've been snooping around over on Moparts and I've seen the additional information you supplied over there. Mostly race only engine, eh? I don't think the EZ-1 will get you to where you want to go and if you go to the 295 or 325 you have to go to the external shaft oiling system. So probably the slightly worked Trick Flow 270 head would be the best choice. Design the engine right and your 750 HP quest shouldn't be too hard. We've made 787 HP with a 451 stroker, ported Edelbrock RPM heads, solid roller, Indy single plane, 1140 cfm Dominator and did it all on 91 octane.

750 HP don't you mean low 9 ET?

-
Back