53 Ford/Mercury pick up project. Sell or trade.

-
Status
Not open for further replies.

JR

Pissed off senior member.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Contact seller
I don't have the time to work on another project so this one needs to go. We have the down payment for a house covered and the trade for that 50 Chevy fell through so now I am just seeing what else is out there.

This is a 53 Ford F-100 pickup roller with a clear Washington state title that is in my name and all the parts (except for a Merc VIN plate) to turn it into a Mercury M-100. I have a very nice rust free Mercury tailgate and several sets of Mercury truck emblems (front hood letters and side script) that will all go with the truck. I know pretty much the full history of this truck starting from when I was a little kid going to the garbage dump on Sundays with my dad in it. He traded it to his friend over 20 years ago and it was taken to car shows all over the west coast for several years (anyone that was in the Henry's Haulers or Henry's Half Tons may remember it). It was taken apart to be redone again and it sat apart in his garage for years.

As the truck sits now…

Rust free louvered hood,frame taken to a frame shop, checked, rear boxed in, C-notched rear frame with new springs, Mopar 8 ¾ rear (not sure what gears), air shocks rear, new KYB shocks front, Mopar F-body (Volare) front sub frame with a new EPO suspension rebuild kit just installed a few weekends ago, Lincoln electric bench seat, custom brown vinyl interior done back in the 80’s buy a local custom interior guy, new cab mounts installed, new EZ Wire kit still in box, new door hardware (latches, strikes, ect.), new weather stripping still in the boxes, new rear roll pan still in the box, custom tail lights (econoline van) molded into the rust free rear fenders (also in primer ready for paint), reverse tilt hood kit, rust free running boards with new mounting hardware, Volare tilt/telescopic steering column with key, Volare power disk brakes and pedal, power steering, 53 Grill with the small teeth, new radiator out of a 1 ton Dodge truck (not sure what year) with all new mounting hardware, 2 sets of stock gas tank straps so you can have 2 tanks mounted under the cab, passenger side inner fender has a battery tray molded into it so you don’t have to mount your battery under the cab, front sheet metal is rust free, teardrop antenna molded into the rear driver side of cab with power antenna, many new parts, have all glass, new front bed panel, box needs a new wood kit or the floor from a late model truck welded in.

This truck came with a big block Mopar engine and tranny when I bought it back. If you had a running big block mopar engine you can just drop it in as the truck sits now. There is no motor or tranny in it now.

This is a rust free F-100 PROJECT with a known history for at least the last 25+ years. I WILL NOT SEPARATE ANY OF THE TRUCK PARS OR MERCURY TAILGATE/ EMBLEMS FROM THE TRUCK!

$5800 obo or trade for a running and driving old car/rat rod with a small block or six cylinder that is late 40's to about 1962 (unless it is really cool then I would go up to 68) Ford/Buick/Pontiac/Olds/Mopar/Chevy/whatever.
I would really like a full size station wagon with a small block or a 6 banger in it. I would also trade for a running 60's dodge 2wd dodge D100 pick up with a small block or slant and some cash.

The truck is located in Port Orchard, Washington about a 1 hour drive west of Seattle.

J.R.
1-425-227-8598 = home number. (No later than 9pm pacific time)
If I am not home call my cell at 1-425-614-6499
[email protected]
Or just send me a PM here because I am on damn near every day.

Here is a link to all the pics...

http://s636.photobucket.com/albums/uu86/autoideas/53/?start=all

100_5512.jpg

100_5514.jpg

100_5469.jpg

100_5455.jpg

100_5457.jpg

100_5444.jpg

100_5446.jpg

100_5441.jpg

100_0741.jpg

Yeah I hated the early 90's street rod colors too, but hey there's no rust in the hood!

100_5460.jpg

100_5461.jpg

100_5467.jpg

100_5468.jpg

100_5492.jpg

100_5493.jpg

Probably a while ago, I haven't been over there in a while. It is too much like the Hamb with the thread nazis.

Have you posted it on any of the F1 sites?? It would probably get snapped up real quick.
My older brother has a 54 with a 427 sideoiler with 406 tri-power delivering the HP thru a Cobra Jet C6 and 9 inch rear.

A Dippy cop car front end is waiting to be shoved under the front.

Hey JR I would trade you my 66 Dart wagon for that truck 3.9 fuel injected 500 overdrive and 8 1/4 3.55 posi with A/C but I am in Southern ,Ca. and have no way to get up there unless I trailer the car up but that is along haul for a old man. oh I forgot I have your rear door handle.

I forgot about the rear door handle! I may be looking for some other 66 dart parts as well. Do you still have a few in the yard?

was it that pink color back in the 80s? I sent to the Henrys Haulers picnics at Merymoor park in 83 and 84... I just pulled out my pics, I don't think I have one of this truck though.... I would have been in my anglia....

my anglia small.jpg

Hey JR a buddy of mine is trying to sell this. It's a 34 Dodge Highboy. He may be willing to trade. He loves slammed older trucks. He has built a couple of bagged trucks. The Hemi is out and he has swapped in a slant 6 (Just like you like). If you are interested let me know and I will call him. Here is some info.

For sale a 1934 Dodge Highboy 4dr sedan with bobbed rear fenders. I have 2 front fenders I'll include but both need work. The photos show the car with a Chrysler Hemi but it no longer is in the car. I swapped in a Dodge slant 6 with a stick in the 4dr.It currently runs and moves with the six. I bought a brand new stainless 19 gallon fuel tank, new guages oil,amp,fuel,speedo,water.Some hooked up some not. The car has early 60's T-Bird bucket seats and wrap aroung rear(partially mounted) . I started building a full length console that starts with a 60's pontiac starfire console with a tach. The frame is acutally an old hot rodded 34 ford frame with a split wishbone juice I-beam. The steering box/column is a 50's ford truck. The rear, I believe is a late 50's olds or Pontiac with coil springs and stout ladder bars. The body has been channeled the width of the frame. All new flooring installed. The is an aluminum roof insert. CLEAR TITLE 1934 DODGE included. Chrome headlight buckets with seal beam conversion, new after market turnsignal switch, new 50 Pontiac taillights. New electric wiper motor and arm.New fuel regulator,New electric fuel pump. Has 4 Older 15" chrome reverse wheels and old (hold air) rollers 60's on the rear. Rear air shocks (needs new lines). New underfloor aftermarket master cylinder/ booster. New fiberglass grill shell. New radiator. I started to mount the hood and side panels which I was going to run.If interested I'll take photos of the slant 6. I also have a contact that hauls vehicles very reasonable and I can hook you up with him if the car is purchased. I have additional photos or can take specific photos for the serious buyers.

rat rod.jpg

rat rod2.jpg

Hey JR a buddy of mine is trying to sell this. It's a 34 Dodge Highboy. He may be willing to trade. He loves slammed older trucks. He has built a couple of bagged trucks. The Hemi is out and he has swapped in a slant 6 (Just like you like). If you are interested let me know and I will call him. Here is some info.

For sale a 1934 Dodge Highboy 4dr sedan with bobbed rear fenders. I have 2 front fenders I'll include but both need work. The photos show the car with a Chrysler Hemi but it no longer is in the car. I swapped in a Dodge slant 6 with a stick in the 4dr.It currently runs and moves with the six. I bought a brand new stainless 19 gallon fuel tank, new guages oil,amp,fuel,speedo,water.Some hooked up some not. The car has early 60's T-Bird bucket seats and wrap aroung rear(partially mounted) . I started building a full length console that starts with a 60's pontiac starfire console with a tach. The frame is acutally an old hot rodded 34 ford frame with a split wishbone juice I-beam. The steering box/column is a 50's ford truck. The rear, I believe is a late 50's olds or Pontiac with coil springs and stout ladder bars. The body has been channeled the width of the frame. All new flooring installed. The is an aluminum roof insert. CLEAR TITLE 1934 DODGE included. Chrome headlight buckets with seal beam conversion, new after market turnsignal switch, new 50 Pontiac taillights. New electric wiper motor and arm.New fuel regulator,New electric fuel pump. Has 4 Older 15" chrome reverse wheels and old (hold air) rollers 60's on the rear. Rear air shocks (needs new lines). New underfloor aftermarket master cylinder/ booster. New fiberglass grill shell. New radiator. I started to mount the hood and side panels which I was going to run.If interested I'll take photos of the slant 6. I also have a contact that hauls vehicles very reasonable and I can hook you up with him if the car is purchased. I have additional photos or can take specific photos for the serious buyers.

Not really what I'm looking for but is it a driver as is or does it need a bunch of work like brakes, glass, electrical, ect? I'm looking for something that I can get in and go and still play with. I need a driver so I can pull the 73 off the road and do some work to it.

was it that pink color back in the 80s? I sent to the Henrys Haulers picnics at Merymoor park in 83 and 84... I just pulled out my pics, I don't think I have one of this truck though.... I would have been in my anglia....

I loved that run when I was little!
Nope the truck was the metallic blue on the cab. He was going to paint it that pink color (he said it was salmon, we flipped him a lot of **** over it). Do you have any pics of a primer grey 56 mercury panel with a S10 grill from any of those shows, if so can you post it? That truck was my dads and the last time we saw it was behind a shop in Puyallup.

Not really what I'm looking for but is it a driver as is or does it need a bunch of work like brakes, glass, electrical, ect? I'm looking for something that I can get in and go and still play with. I need a driver so I can pull the 73 off the road and do some work to it.

I will give him a call in a couple of days and find out. He lives in Brigham City, Ut, where we met to swap parts.

Cool, like I said I'm looking for something that runs and drives and it would also be nice if it was water proof because I don't have an empty space in the garage right now.

Status
Not open for further replies.
-
Back