55 chevy flips dude out the windsheild! WTF?!>!

-
Kinda wondering what happened to his seatbelt harness which he should not have been allowed to race without!

Sure as hell took a long time for the lane crew to show up!

Was that guy even strapped in?

This was a non sanctioned nhra race. Same rules don't apply here. Thank god the guy was ok.

Sanctioned race? It's a friggin pit lane at a roundy track. Driving way above there heads!
Morons

This was a non sanctioned nhra race. Same rules don't apply here. Thank god the guy was ok.

Not just N.H.R.A. is exempt. How about a 65 Chevelle with a 8-71 blown 540 running mid 9's? A stock '65 four wheel drum brake system,with a single reservoir master cylinder. And to add: a 150 pound diesel piston mounted as ballast with a single seat belt?.(Famoso '98). That was a catastrophe, waiting to happen. No word from tech,I watched it. Just wow.

i dont know maybe the guy in the 55 just has more balls than me but once that camaro started swerving i woulda gotten out of it kinda lucky both cars didnt end up flipping lol

There's an infamous racer named "Don Renfro.............."

Watch this thing........

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9orWFEHJIZ8"]Don Renfrow, the luckiest man in the world. - YouTube[/ame]

Someone told me that his seat belt got ripped out so he didn't have them bolted to the cage are no plates in the floor board.

Yup when brains and safety are left out bad things happen.

Belts were on, the bolts pulled out of the floor plates on the lap belts, This was a street owtlaws race. They runn these all over Colorado and Wyoming.

It's now been close to 20 years

It became evident that OSHA "would like for us" LMAO to get rid of climbing BELTS and go to climbing HARNESSES with working restraints and FALL arrest.

I don't remember the figures.........but

If you are working with a waist belt only, and something happens you fall JUST TWO FEET the G forces are simply incredible. Guys have broken their backs in a short fall on a waist belt.

I realize this is "different" But you have to wonder what the G forces on a "big guy" going round 'n round in a deal like that are?

25qakj5.jpg

From a news report on it:

Drag racer crashes feet-first through windshield, strolls away

They say seatbelts save lives, but sometimes you just get lucky. Kelly Harvey was driving his ’55 Chevy in the Colorado Street Outlaws event at Pikes Peak International Raceway when he lost control near the end of the 1/8 mile drag strip set up in the oval track’s pit lane.

The car rolled four times, narrowly missing the Chevy Camaro just a few feet ahead of it in the next lane, finally landing right side up, but with Harvey’s legs sticking out of the busted windshield.

According to a statement issued by the event’s organizers on Facebook, Harvey says his safety belts were installed improperly and pulled right out of the floor of the car. Amazingly, Harvey pulled himself free and walked away from the wreck with only minor injuries, but may have been heading out of the frying pan and into the fire. It turns out the car belonged to his wife.

From a news report on it:

Drag racer crashes feet-first through windshield, strolls away

They say seatbelts save lives, but sometimes you just get lucky. Kelly Harvey was driving his ’55 Chevy in the Colorado Street Outlaws event at Pikes Peak International Raceway when he lost control near the end of the 1/8 mile drag strip set up in the oval track’s pit lane.

The car rolled four times, narrowly missing the Chevy Camaro just a few feet ahead of it in the next lane, finally landing right side up, but with Harvey’s legs sticking out of the busted windshield.

According to a statement issued by the event’s organizers on Facebook, Harvey says his safety belts were installed improperly and pulled right out of the floor of the car. Amazingly, Harvey pulled himself free and walked away from the wreck with only minor injuries, but may have been heading out of the frying pan and into the fire. It turns out the car belonged to his wife.
UH OH shes gonna be pissed!!!

UH OH shes gonna be pissed!!!

She might'a been a lot "pister" if she'd been driving!!

Man he had more'n his feet and legs outta the car. Lucky he didn't come on out. I can't imagine what was holding him in the car, unless sheer will power "white knuckles" on the wheel.

When a car flips or rolls, everything inside not attached always ends up outside.

My wife and son, who was one at the time, were in my dad's car when it flipped on Hwy 99 south of Sacramento. There was nothing left in the car but the occupants who were all belted in. There was a trail of baby supplies. Our son was in a car seat. His tippy cup he was drinking out of at the time was back up on the road. My parents had just started using seat belts about six months prior after we had nagged them for years. Besides saving their lives it likely saved my wife and son's as they weren't tumbling around before going out through the side windows.

Caused by a moron driving in the opposing center gravel median passing cars at high speed. He lost control and came through the oleanders. My dad didn't see him until he was right in front of them coming head on at 80mph. Dad swerved away and the car rolled and flipped and ended up down in a drainage canal beside the freeway. Hind sight it was better than a head-on in Dad's '76 Cutlass Supreme.

Witnesses saw him stop and look back at the wreck and then took off driving the wrong way to the next on-ramp and exited. They caught him-Corrections officer at Folsom. Didn't even lose his job.

That dude in this video is so lucky he didn't lose the use of his legs at the very least.

She might'a been a lot "pister" if she'd been driving!!

Man he had more'n his feet and legs outta the car. Lucky he didn't come on out. I can't imagine what was holding him in the car, unless sheer will power "white knuckles" on the wheel.

possibly remnants of the windshield held him in

-
Back