6.1 Hemi with Hellcat SC

-

m79ded

FABO Gold Member
FABO Gold Member
Reaction score
Does a hellcat Sc fit onto a 6.1 Hemi? I have a great 6.1 and I wonder if I decide to supercharge will a Hellcat fit on it? I realize it's best to change rods and maybe pistons, Does it need cam change also or will stock 6.1 cam work well. This would be for a 73 Duster
Thanks in advance

Pretty sure the intake bolt pattern is different and requires adapter plates.

Not sure how the belt drive retrofits either. Seems like it is an expensive swap.

Just remember that there is a new set of aftermarket heads that has the option for the HC bolt pattern. I’ve daydreamed about a set for my 5.7, but not hard enough to remember who makes them. Trick Flow maybe?

Not a cheaper way to go, but it does avoid the adapter plates.

I don't understand why anyone would want to use the HC supercharger on an engine it wasn't designed for. For the same or similar money you can get a procharger, whipple, etc.

I don't understand why anyone would want to use the HC supercharger on an engine it wasn't designed for. For the same or similar money you can get a procharger, whipple, etc.
I will explore that option or just get rid of the 6.1 if I want to go HC route and just get a 6.2HC engine. I was exploring options.

I have heard in the past you can get an HC takeoff for pretty cheap (comparably). The problem is that all the supporting parts pushes the price way over the top.

I bet you can get a complete Whipple kit for less than the swap kit I found at MMX that doesn't even include the SC. But I haven't price checked so I'm just guessing.

Finding out that it just might be easier to either add Whipple as you said or even just sell the 6.1 and get a 6.2 HC complete

I swear I am not actively looking for this info. I saved the first video in this playlist to watch later and forgot about until I tripped over it today. Interesting info, looks to be much easier than I thought.

I swear I am not actively looking for this info. I saved the first video in this playlist to watch later and forgot about until I tripped over it today. Interesting info, looks to be much easier than I thought.

That's awesome of you to shed some light on this. I'm sure I'm not the only one to think of that. I happened to pick up a 6.1 in terrific shape through trading B/RB parts, and I'm being told that people find it easier to retro fit them into our older muclecars, I'm thinking would look nice under the hood of my Duster

Duster_Recently (5).jpg

That's awesome of you to shed some light on this. I'm sure I'm not the only one to think of that. I happened to pick up a 6.1 in terrific shape through trading B/RB parts, and I'm being told that people find it easier to retro fit them into our older muclecars, I'm thinking would look nice under the hood of my Duster

View attachment 1716220584

Nice car!

I love the look of the G3 in an old car. Some don’t, but I do. And the 6.1 is the one that turned me onto them. Funny thing is, I’m doing a 5.7 into a 73, but with the 6.4 intake.

I suspect the idea that a 6.1 is easier is because they don’t have VVT or an SRV intake. But beyond that, not sure any of them are really easier than another. An early (‘08 and older) 5.7 has the same advantage in that it doesn’t have VVT or SRV.

Personal opinion, I think the 6.1 is like a 340. Built as a performance engine, rev’s higher, just more fun to drive. But this is based on what others have said, not experience. So take it for what it’s worth.

-
Back