6.1 intake throttle cable setup help...PLEASE

-
What are you guys running on your 6.1 intake setup for a throttle cable and how?

Thank
What throttle body are you running? The hemis wrap opposite the LS. I had to run a mechanical cable on a test engine. Bought a late model chrysler cable, and ran it under the intake, and modified a gm kickdown bracket to bolt to the hole on the timing cover. Late model cable clipped right in, and wrapped correctly, "down" , opposite the LS.

That was with a hemi BBK TB.

20190725_045006.jpg

What throttle body are you running? The hemis wrap opposite the LS. I had to run a mechanical cable on a test engine. Bought a late model chrysler cable, and ran it under the intake, and modified a gm kickdown bracket to bolt to the hole on the timing cover. Late model cable clipped right in, and wrapped correctly, "down" , opposite the LS.

That was with a hemi BBK TB.

View attachment 1716026418
Looking for throttle cable bracket ideas, I came across this one.
This or something similar is what we will be running on our 6.1 with BBK throttle body.
The cable runs under the intake manifold.
I may have a couple other pics. I'll see if I can find and post them.

View attachment 1716026409

Here is another version.
These work with the BBK throttle body. Not the LS style.
Same idea mounted to a different location and a simpler execution.

View attachment 1716026413

Yes, this one happens to be a LHD car, thanks to one of our friends down under.
I really like the simplicity of this mounting location and the minimal fabrication.
View attachment 1716026414
Never mind! I was snoozing. Mine was super similar to these fellas. This will do ya!

Thanks guys, but the BBK stuff is outdated a little bit. I am running LS and looking to get someone's advice that has run this setup. Until then, I will make my own.

-
Back