6.14 gear

-

75dartsport

Reaction score
Going to run at the local 1/8 mile track this year. Not sure what gear to run, but I came across a 6.14 gear, would this work or be too low. I'm running a 360 with a 292/509 mopar cam, ported 587 heads, and a 4-speed. Let me know what you think.

Hey Dartsport, I'd think 4.56 is about as far as you want to go. How tall is your tire? What is your best E.T. to date? 60'? I'd think you should at least be in the high to mid 8's.

I run 4.57 with basically same combo only automatic, too many shifts is not a good thing. thats why a lot of dragsters run p/g,s

Thinking of going with the 4.88, because I think I might be able to run them in the 1/4 also.

4.88s will work in the quarter if you dont run out of motor, but that also depends on horsepower...the more h.p you have the faster you run out of motor ...so figure out you top end speed you car will run at max rpm of motor ...add in tire size to figure gears needed ... there is a math formula for this but i cant find it right now....maybe some one else knows it...

Going to run at the local 1/8 mile track this year. Not sure what gear to run, but I came across a 6.14 gear, would this work or be too low. I'm running a 360 with a 292/509 mopar cam, ported 587 heads, and a 4-speed. Let me know what you think.
75dartsport. you have a PM

-
Back