6.4 392 in a 66 dart Gt

-

mopardave913

Reaction score
Not sure if this has been asked before or if I am even putting this in the right place. I have a 66 dart GT me and my dad are putting together. He is an old school chevy guy and I am more of a modern mopar guy. All my current vehicles are either srt4s or hemis. We compromised with this build by wanting to put a 392 out of a 2013 challenger in. It is modern technology, with an old school twist being that it is a 392. We ordered a turn key package from a scrap yard that has 33xxx miles on it. It will ship in a couple of days. We are questioning if this project is even possible or how much modification it will actually take to make work. We have the option of switching to a 6.1, but we need to do it fast if that's a better option for us. I have seen the 5.7s used but that's not impressive to me, if were gonna use a modern engine, its gotta be an srt drivetrain.

Has anyone done this? How hard was it? Did you use a 6.1 or 6.4? What all from that donor vehicle did you use?

You going to keep the electronic trans? Youll need to gut the old tunnel and crossmember and starrt from scratch. If you can keep a 904, youll be months ahead depending on how fast you work. Now an SRT4 motor would be way cool in a 66! 300 hp out of 400 lbs? Ans of course mate it to a dakota 5 speed or whatever bolts to a 2.x block.

I actually wanted to use a turbo 2.4, it would be cool, with the impending release of the srt4 dart. But I was planning on use the 6 speed manual, TR6060, from the same challenger. I have every computer and module and wire harness from the car as well with the keys.

Give us a call and we can tell you what you will need to make this a successful swap we have done a few of them :)

996619_10151731191531700_1750600544_n.jpg

-
Back