6.4 hemi dart swap

-
Custom cam from Mmx

Nice. I'm running their Max V1 cam on a BGE block. .613 Intake/.614 Exhaust. 222/232 @ .050". Hoping for close to 500WHP like what you got! 9.5:1 compression instead of 11:1 so might not get there.

Mike @ HCA

Nice. I'm running their Max V1 cam on a BGE block. .613 Intake/.614 Exhaust. 222/232 @ .050". Hoping for close to 500WHP like what you got! 9.5:1 compression instead of 11:1 so might not get there.

Mike @ HCA
You’ll be close probably 475 ish that’s cam is real close to this one. Get some e85 in it! I like it a lot definitely worth it.

Great Build! I'd like to see you column mods. Also, good pan/steering clearance?

Great Build! I'd like to see you column mods. Also, good pan/steering clearance?
Don’t have any pics but it’s custom. I spun up some delrin plastic for a bushing to replace factory one. Then another collar with a set screw to keep shaft in place. Steering dog bone and idler needed to be changed to 73 and up stuff to clear pan better.

Don’t have any pics but it’s custom. I spun up some delrin plastic for a bushing to replace factory one. Then another collar with a set screw to keep shaft in place. Steering dog bone and idler needed to be changed to 73 and up stuff to clear pan better.
Thanks.. I was considering delrin... pretty thin one. I did that on a VW build that I had to do some funky stuff with the steering and it worked out great. I thought your steering looked like later stuff. Only thing is I just bought a small shaft Borgeson. Did you have to switch your box?

Thanks.. I was considering delrin... pretty thin one. I did that on a VW build that I had to do some funky stuff with the steering and it worked out great. I thought your steering looked like later stuff. Only thing is I just bought a small shaft Borgeson. Did you have to switch your box?
Yes I did a manual box.

No i believe a manual box for any A body 67 and up
Interesting. It was my understanding that the 73 pitman steering was large sector and pre 73 was small sector. I'm just hoping I don't have to return this small box. Seems like someone told that proforged quicksteer idler and pitman will clear but I can't find that conversation now (fb) Did you ever make any videos of your beast?

I figured out the steering.. All manual boxes are small sector. So I'll be able to use 73 up manual steering components on my pre 73 power steering.

I am curious tho.. how's that 904 working out? I'm going to try my 904 as well.. at least for this year. Plan to do a little work to it first.

I figured out the steering.. All manual boxes are small sector. So I'll be able to use 73 up manual steering components on my pre 73 power steering.

I am curious tho.. how's that 904 working out? I'm going to try my 904 as well.. at least for this year. Plan to do a little work to it first.
It’s on its last leg.. it was only a matter of time until it gave up. Surprisingly though it lasted a lot longer with 500 hp to tire than I thought. It’s got a valve body and nice clutch pack. I did a drag week with it and by the end the fluid was pretty bad and had some steel material in filter..still holds gear and shifts fine. don’t know what the issue is yet. I have a tkx 5 speed for it.

It’s on its last leg.. it was only a matter of time until it gave up. Surprisingly though it lasted a lot longer with 500 hp to tire than I thought. It’s got a valve body and nice clutch pack. I did a drag week with it and by the end the fluid was pretty bad and had some steel material in filter..still holds gear and shifts fine. don’t know what the issue is yet. I have a tkx 5 speed for it.
I'd still like to see some videos. What kind of time were you putting down?

Sounds like your 904 takes more beating than I'll probably throw at mine.. Driver with an occasional track run

I'd still like to see some videos. What kind of time were you putting down?

Sounds like your 904 takes more beating than I'll probably throw at mine.. Driver with an occasional track run
I don’t have you tube account unfortunately but it went 11.51 letting out at about 1,000 ft. Cut off was 11.50 no cage. Got it pretty spot on haha. Good photo of that pass

IMG_2186.jpeg

So all you did was a custom MMX cam and high compression drop in pistons and rods?
Bore had to be cleaned up with a hone I think it’s 4.10 bore but that’s nothing. Yes custom cam high comp pistons almost 12:1 on e85 stock crank

what was your 1/8 mile, et at 1/4 trap
Have to dig out slip. 60’ was terrible. Converter is not correct. You can hear in between shift point the rpm drops down way to far. Data says same. I had an Ls swapped mustang that went 10.80’s and the Dart felt the same if not faster. I was pissed I didn’t see 10’s on the slip.

-
Back