6.4 into a 68 Dart

-

68dartuk

Reaction score
Hi guys I’ll be putting a 6.4 into my dart, the engine is a esg code so has mds, I will be using a holley terminator x. Question is I’m going to use a 6 speed manual transmission, do I need get the mds/vvt Holley wiring loom to enable it/ disable it or get a mds delete kit. Engine has around 48k miles

38FF0747-4F1C-4297-90BE-46F46FF7A6D4.jpeg

Ask Mopar Al on YouTube, he's into the Gen 3 Hemi applications. 65'

Two different ways to go about it. Leave the solenoids and lifters, simply don't use the function. They need signal to "activate". With no signal, they just function like a normal lifter. Option two is replace the solenoids with the plugs and replace the lifters. Heads will have to be removed to service the lifters. When replacing the MDS lifters, you need to replace with a whole new yoke too. The MDS bodies are physically larger than the non MDS. If you install a non MDS lifter in an MDS yoke, the lifters can rotate slightly. Not good with a roller cam. Also, if considering cam upgrades, non MDS is THE best option. Great looking car and good luck!!!

Two different ways to go about it. Leave the solenoids and lifters, simply don't use the function. They need signal to "activate". With no signal, they just function like a normal lifter. Option two is replace the solenoids with the plugs and replace the lifters. Heads will have to be removed to service the lifters. When replacing the MDS lifters, you need to replace with a whole new yoke too. The MDS bodies are physically larger than the non MDS. If you install a non MDS lifter in an MDS yoke, the lifters can rotate slightly. Not good with a roller cam. Also, if considering cam upgrades, non MDS is THE best option. Great looking car and good luck!!!
Ok that’s sounds good, I think to start with I’ll just leave it, does the mds and vvt work hand in hand together, so it will just run normally without either?
Probably in the future I’ll do the mds delete kit once it’s all sorted.

Another thing what throttle body are people using when converting to a cable.

The MDS and VVT do work independently. I would keep the use of the VVT with stock cam. It will still be fine to use the VVT without the MDS. If you have no use for that 426, just send it my way.... :thumbsup: :lol:

The MDS and VVT do work independently. I would keep the use of the VVT with stock cam. It will still be fine to use the VVT without the MDS. If you have no use for that 426, just send it my way.... :thumbsup: :lol:
Thanks that’s great, made things a lot clearer
The 426 just had to go

Get the Terminator X Max. It will run the DBW throttle.
Use the 550-1425 you can add the VVT & SRV harness seperately the software is in the ECU also DBW you can add the dual throttle body harness .
The Holley site can be confusing.
When you turn it on for the first time it will ask you to calibrate the throttle position sensor but you must put in your engine parameters first save then go back to the calibration.

Use the 550-1425 you can add the VVT & SRV harness seperately the software is in the ECU also DBW you can add the dual throttle body harness .
The Holley site can be confusing.
When you turn it on for the first time it will ask you to calibrate the throttle position sensor but you must put in your engine parameters first save then go back to the calibration.
Thanks that’s great, definitely confusing

You dont happen to have a list of your shopping list do you lol doing same to my duster. What wiring harness are you going to use with the cable throttle, i have been looking at the hotwire harnesses?

-
Back